gonealpine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The copyright ownership exists when the photo is taken. However, if you register the copyright, THEN AND ONLY THEN are you able to use the Federal Copyright Act to protect the copyright. It gives attorneys fees and costs (among other things you do not get under state law) expended in protecting the copyright.

So registering it is WAY better, but it is not neccessary. Taking content off of someone else's page is copyright enfringment, unless it is with permission, or falls into one the exceptions, such as educational fair use. bigdrink.gif

snoboy said:

gone_alpine said:

pictures, sure some are from here, most of which are my own, and i have permission to use most of the others, hell if you want credit for them, copy right it, these freaking pictures are everywhere, never mind the fact that you aren't the only ones that go to these places.

I may be mistaken, but I believe copyright is owned by the creator of a picture, or other work, simply by the act of creation... you don't need to "copyright it" to own copyright. And just coz others go to these places doesn't mean they took pictures. A bit of attitude methinks.

actually pictures belong to whoever is the owner of the film and the camera

glassgowkiss said:

snoboy said:

gone_alpine said:

pictures, sure some are from here, most of which are my own, and i have permission to use most of the others, hell if you want credit for them, copy right it, these freaking pictures are everywhere, never mind the fact that you aren't the only ones that go to these places.

I may be mistaken, but I believe copyright is owned by the creator of a picture, or other work, simply by the act of creation... you don't need to "copyright it" to own copyright. And just coz others go to these places doesn't mean they took pictures. A bit of attitude methinks.

actually pictures belong to whoever is the owner of the film and the camera

Don't know if I believe that. What if you borrow or rent a camera? The photos should belong to the person who actually snapped the shot.

gone_alpine said:

hi chris, yah i'm here, kinda. want me to take your shots off too?

and don't worry ... credit goes to those who credit is due, i could care less about it, i just want a pict. i give all you guys more credit than need be anyway - you have the balls to get up into some of those nasty spots in the first place, the only difference is... i want to keep living...

but like i said! ITS NOT DONE! so ......... whatever moon.gif

Cant really say anything about copyrighting but there's a picture of me in there and I never climbed with Gonealpine confused.gif WTF

It's a nice collection of ripoff photos. Common courtesy might be to ask other people if you should use their photos. Then you might not get flamed at all. Or at least note that you are doing so.