gonealpine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt Si SSS/4 miles/3,800 gain/, Located off of 1-90 corridor, head through North Bend. Not much to say about this little trip that most don't already know. Tough training route. Most of those who climb Rainier say this is the closest thing to Rainier to train on. So this is why you will see at times small packs of people with full gear, full packs and gaiters on climbing Mt Si in the middle of Summer. Mt Si is a land mark training mountain. Great conditioner for scrambles to climbs. Usually one can judge their condition by the time it takes for them to reach the summit. Ones goal should be to at the top within 2 1/2 hours, if you very at all from that either you are in worse or better shape than you thought.

Little Si - SSS/if done as a training route S if done as a regular hike - Little Si is a great training route when done as a scramble up the front side. Each lap takes about 45 minutes to cover, depending on what you are training for usually 2 - 3 laps are good for a day. You take the regular trail up to the billboard and take a left up toward the first rock climbing area. Follow the steep trail up through the rocks and just head up anyway you can. There are many variations as to how to go, some class 3 some class 4. But BE CAREFUL this get slick at times and can be tricky. Once at the top - brisk walk/jog/run down the back side through the trees, then do it again. If you are going to do Little Si as a day hike just follow the main trail to the top, pretty easy hike, also pretty popular.

rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

I looked on the gear list but didn't see shorts over polypro????

I like their picture of SpecialEd. Shit maybe I can be a model for them too!!!! moon.gif

ExtremoMtDude said:

but your HTML looks really good. don't hate on him guys, I don't see you guys making websites.

Nice Code?

Cmon EMD, they used freakin FrontPage. The code is all messed up, navigations is wacked, and layout is lame. A for effort I guess, as they are most likely a novice. (Not that I have good code either)

That website is lame, lame, lame.

Some quotes:

"Pete's been snowshoeing and hiking for over 20 years and has spent a bit of time playing on the local big boys such as Rainier, St Helens, Baker and Adams. It does take a few smaller ones before you get to the big ones... so you know that he has taken out a few of the little guys first".

"I'm more into ... peak bagging ..."

"I've been a few places, made a few mistakes and learned a few lessons... hopefully you can learn from some of them and enjoy life a little longer".

I have to stop quoting now... I feel sick.

scot'teryx said:

ExtremoMtDude said:

but your HTML looks really good. don't hate on him guys, I don't see you guys making websites.

Nice Code?

Cmon EMD, they used freakin FrontPage. The code is all messed up, navigations is wacked, and layout is lame. A for effort I guess, as they are most likely a novice. (Not that I have good code either)

At the risk of exposing my own nerdiness, I feel compelled to point out that html is NOT "code", nor is the act of authoring HTML "programming" or "coding." I always get a great laugh when my tool "web developer" friend tells people he's an "HTML coder." yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

WOW! how the hell did you guys get the url for this anyway, the site isn't even done. nice to know you jackass' are so quick to be a critic so of course the site looks like shit, sheesh.

pictures, sure some are from here, most of which are my own, and i have permission to use most of the others, hell if you want credit for them, copy right it, these freaking pictures are everywhere, never mind the fact that you aren't the only ones that go to these places.

the site is designed for two purposes, those who are new to the climbing world, and I also work with terminal patients in over coming fears, so climbing and living vicariously through others has been a positive environment for many of them.

anyway... i've been climbing with alot of you freaks for awhile now, i just haven't been on the site as krazy 1 for sometime - give me a little credit.

let the slaughtering continue i guess....... bigdrink.gif

gone_alpine said:

WOW! how the hell did you guys get the url for this anyway, the site isn't even done. nice to know you jackass' are so quick to be a critic so of course the site looks like shit, sheesh.

pictures, sure some are from here, most of which are my own, and i have permission to use most of the others, hell if you want credit for them, copy right it, these freaking pictures are everywhere, never mind the fact that you aren't the only ones that go to these places.

the site is designed for two purposes, those who are new to the climbing world, and I also work with terminal patients in over coming fears, so climbing and living vicariously through others has been a positive environment for many of them.

anyway... i've been climbing with alot of you freaks for awhile now, i just haven't been on the site as krazy 1 for sometime - give me a little credit.

let the slaughtering continue i guess....... bigdrink.gif

Got the url off of scot'terx links page. Its doesn't matter that other people visit your page. Using other people's picture's and making your "customers" believe they are yours is lamo. Even more so if people don't know that your using them. Heres to being a (insert derogatory homosexual term here, ex. fag) bigdrink.gif

Edit: felt if neccesary to change the facial expression on the thread title.

Edited by eric8

gone_alpine said:

Hey Karin! Haven't seen you in eons! Was frankly wondering what happened to you. Glad to know you are alive and well and busy on you're new venture smile.gif

hi chris, yah i'm here, kinda. want me to take your shots off too?

and don't worry ... credit goes to those who credit is due, i could care less about it, i just want a pict. i give all you guys more credit than need be anyway - you have the balls to get up into some of those nasty spots in the first place, the only difference is... i want to keep living...

but like i said! ITS NOT DONE! so ......... whatever moon.gif

Credit is not the issue for me...it's just kind of surprising that's all. I think if you had sent the people who took the photos a simple email saying something to the effect of "could I use your photo on my web site?" 99.9% would have said "Sure, no problem." Next time just ask!

gone_alpine said:

I may be mistaken, but I believe copyright is owned by the creator of a picture, or other work, simply by the act of creation... you don't need to "copyright it" to own copyright. And just coz others go to these places doesn't mean they took pictures. A bit of attitude methinks.