Leavenworth Ropeup- full moon weekend Oct 11-12

Beck

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodchester said:

My memory is that Octoberfests are held in late September. I grew up in "Zinzinnati" which has the largest outside of Munich. My Kraut background says September is the proper month.

But what the hell....they can do it whenever bigdrink.gif Beer is good year round.

You are right. The real Octoberfest is in September, however in the land of Derrrr Leavenworth it's in October.

carolyn said:

If an 'out a state-r' vote counts, I would say do the rope up in l'worth the weekend of the 17th-19th.

Then the Smiffy gathering the weekend before with the FOOL moon!(oct 10-12).

Logistically, Its tends to be easier for me to start my trips South and head North due to limited places to crash and finding rides/ using public transportation (cant afford rental car frown.gif). I imagine it would be eaiser to find a ride to smiff or hop on the greyhound to bend from PDX than seattle.

Plus Ive been to lworth under a full moon. Bet the sky just lights up down at smith! smile.gif

This gets my vote as well. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Dru said:

The Leavenworth CC. Com Oktoberfest should be the same weekend as Canadian Thanksgiving, whenever that is set for (anybody got a calendar?)

Dru,

I think that is the weekend of the 10-11th (or the monday of that weekend). Isnt it the same as columbus day in the states?

Canadian Thanks giving would be October 13th this fall smile.gif a perfecttime to drive to SMITH wink.gif

Realy I don't care what weekend is which smile.gif as long as there is bigdrink.gif and climbing at each event grin.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Dru said:

Yup that's it Columbus Day same time, that's be the 10-12 or whatever. Sorry Muffy. Smiff can be in November full moon.

DONE!!!!! I will be more than happy to freeze my ass off in you presence once again wink.gif

Either weekend in October... bigdrink.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

• 1 month later...

okay, I don't know anyone who is organizing this thing except me and hikerwa, I honestly don't care about the smiffy contingent diluting the third annual full moon ropeup for the full moon in October- organizing a climbers' festival isn't a democratic proccess like a pub club destination, it's work, money and time.

if you guys don't want to come and stay closer to home, sorry, you'll jus be missing out.

Bridge Creek Group Camp site has been rented for October 10,11, leaving Sunday the 12th.

This year, ostensibly, more free beer, we're working on a shwag bag full of cheap goodies, definetly free camping at the group site, a gear raffle to benefit some venerated climbing institutions, the editor/lead rock jockey of the American Alpine Journal, possibly some more muckymucks, probably some gear reps, a bratwurst feed Saturday night, and a pancake breakfast Sunday. Maybe climbing shoe demos. Possibly a slide show presentation Saturday night.

Working with the Access Fund to set up a mini service project, to get good climbers cred with the FS rangers there.

If you oregon people want to top that, do it on another weekend please.

Don't be square, be there-

at Bridge Creek Oct 10-11-12 for the third annual Cascade Climbers Full Moon Ropeup.

Edited by Beck

Yeah. Right on. I plan on coming over there for the whole thing with lots of JD. I'll drink till I puke in the fire pit Friday night. Saturday night I'll wine about how no one will climb with me and all the chicks are stuck up. Sunday morning I'll shinny to the top of the May pole with a CC.COM banner and piss on the first six pair of Leiderhosen that come in range. Yodle-odle-odle-odle-lea-hee-hOOOOOO. laugh.gif

Yippeee!

Now Ive gots to work on finding a cheap flight! (financial donations will be gladly accepted)

When I mentioned a smith gathering on an adjacent weekend to the rope up, I wasnt rallying troops to work against your efforts, beck. I was merely making an attempt to extend my 'vacation'. I dont think anything could top or replace the original rope up in Lworth! Thanks for being so quick on the job and confirming dates so those of us out of staters can make plans. smile.gif

We know the beer is confirmed - thanks to TG. Im happy to be in charge of getting it up there from Portland...then I will be sure to find a ride!:D

I could probly gather up some goodies from the local reps out here as well and bring 'em out if there is interest....you can never have too many goodies!

And MAYBE I can work on bringing a special 'guest of honor" (other than me, that is yellaf.gif).

bigdrink.gif to all those who will make this event happen bigdrink.gif

....we should have more than one free keg, carolyn, but if you want to "steward the barrel" up from TG, we would be forever in your debt.

and we are still looking for any good ideas for events to do at the ropeup. It's just that setting things in motion required a certain early solidification of dates to bring in some cool stuff for all to enjoy, like more beer! and more important things....planning these things takes more than a few hours..

for fun events, we want to stay away from the milk chug idea.so what about a tug of war across the river if its' hot out? climbers pick a coed team of six?