Leavenworth Ropeup- full moon weekend Oct 11-12

Beck

Okay, cascadeclimbers, a question- should the 2003 Ropeup be held on the full moon weekend in October, the weekend of the 11th and 12th?

thinking the full moon weekend in September 12th and 13th would be a bit too busy in Leavenworth yet, with all those fool festivals they've got going on-

is this okay with everybody? the decision needs to be made soon! to lock in some people, equipment, and campground issues, etc.

looks to be a great party this year!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Thanks for gettin started on the planning so far in advance for those of us who want an excuse to travel accross the country for the famous rope up! thumbs_up.gif

Oct sounds great (more time to save money). Full moons are awesome!

ANyone want to think about a smith gathering the week before or after, let me know. I will probly plan a couple weeks out there around the rope up.

carolyn said:

Sweet! Thanks for gettin started on the planning so far in advance for those of us who want an excuse to travel accross the country for the famous rope up! thumbs_up.gif

Oct sounds great (more time to save money). Full moons are awesome!

ANyone want to think about a smith gathering the week before or after, let me know. I will probly plan a couple weeks out there around the rope up.

definate maybe on SMIFF grin.giffruit.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif you never know I might show for the rope up too wink.gif

agreed, i think a southern rope up is called for this year as well. i'd be happy to help organize... personally i think a corn camp of sorts would be plab for this spring/early summer, camp up at green lakes, ski south/middle and brokentop... any takers?

CERTAINLY I WOULD BE RUMR, BUT THE MY LWORTH SEASON IS JUST ABOUT OVER...SOON IT IS OFF TO THE MTNS AND INDEX................AND SQUAMISH TOO......

ALL THE LOCAL CLIMBING AREAS HAVE THE PRIME TIMES.......

okay, sounds like i'll get the ball rolling for that weekend; October 11-12, with the set up starting Friday during the day at Bridge Creek campground.

Ehhmic, I believe camping will be free. If the group campground is available for rent, we'll get that. There are also awsome bivy sites/ possible kegger location across river from BCCG.

I believe leavenworths' Oktoberfest is in September.

I'll be looking into it. Anyone want to help w/ logistics, let me know.

let's have the smith thing on an ajacent weekend, that way people can do both. Some people south of the Columbia should handle that one-

2003 CascadeClimbers Autumn Ropeup, October 10-11-12 at Bridge Creek, Leavenworth.

erik said:

i am sure iain would like to host the annual "mt hood give me wood tea and crumpets" speed race this fall as well??

iain?

I've got my obscure verification people already lined up. Holden McGroin and Betty Schugschub. Peter Alexander can vouch for their authenticity. My GPS is also performing suitably badly to schedule the event in the near future.

If an 'out a state-r' vote counts, I would say do the rope up in l'worth the weekend of the 17th-19th.

Then the Smiffy gathering the weekend before with the FOOL moon!(oct 10-12).

Logistically, Its tends to be easier for me to start my trips South and head North due to limited places to crash and finding rides/ using public transportation (cant afford rental car frown.gif). I imagine it would be eaiser to find a ride to smiff or hop on the greyhound to bend from PDX than seattle.

Plus Ive been to lworth under a full moon. Bet the sky just lights up down at smith! smile.gif