Lost digital camera - Mailbox Peak TH

nwclimb

Left digital camera on my car as I drove away from the Mailbox Peak TH. Canon Digital ELPH (PowerShot S230). I'm still fumed at myself for pulling such an assinine stunt. The camera was in a red neoprene sunglasses holder. A Komperdell anti-shock trekking pole was lost too, but I'm obviously more concerned about the camera. $50 reward for any kind soul who may have happened across it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about that. I once had my camera fall off my car after I drove away. Luckily, it wasn't broken as it was in a bomb-proof case. After that, I used to loop the strap over my car's sideview mirror so I wouldn't do it again. The hood of the car also works if the stuff won't slide off on its own. At least there you'll see it right in front of you. Now, I'm back to being lazy and using the top of my car to temporarily place gear while I do my stuff. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, just kill me.

True story: I once drove from the main PX at Ft. Benning to buy a case of beer (carlings black label. . .mmmmm) and then returned to our barracks. As I was driving down the road it seemed like everyone was giving me the finger so I was flipping them off right back, the fuckers.

Turns out they were pointing at the case of beer I had set on the roof of the car as I unlocked the door. I didn't realize this until I got to the barracks and looked around in the car for the beer.

It was safe and sound on the roof. Air cooled to a lovely temperature.

Man that sucks! frown.gif

I am sorry you lost the fun pics of the day too. smirk.gif

Once I put my 'brand spankin new' camera on the back bumper of a jeep. We heard something fall - backed the jeep up - and you know it - ran over the camera.

It is nice to have a Subaru with a hatchback - all the stuff you need to set down stays INSIDE the car. bigdrink.gif