So, where were you.....

Szyjakowski

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was working as a box maker in a stone fruit shed in the central valley in california (and sometimes id palletize which means repetitive heavy lifting). fucking child labor bullshit, pulling in something like $4/hr. i flew over the craterage on a flight to seattle within weeks after she blew. it was fucking cool to see the pnw looking like her sister mountains of central america.

Relocating my entire existence from northern Virginia to Houston, Texas via Daytona Beach, all while sitting astride a motorcycle. Altho I'm a native Washingtonian, I never paid it much mind, being young and stoned back then. mushsmile.gif

Off_White said:

Asleep in my bed in Olympia, but the day before I'd been on the Eliot Glacier on Hood, which would have been an awesome front row seat for the event.

While on a field trip to the Johnston Ridge Visitor Center last year with my daughter, I saw photos of a couple who were on the Mt. Adams summit when MSH blew. Awesome photos!

Camping by Mazama,

We were up and playing frisbee in a field, when we heard these loud deep rumblings all around, everyone just stopped and looked around, and we went back to playing frisbee, thinking it was thunder somewhere. Later heard that St.Helens blew its top, didnt believe it until we got home.

TTT Geek_em8.gif