DC Route Beta

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingram Direct is the way to go, I'm going up that route in about a week if I can find some time between puling all nighters studying, and writing papers (school sux, can't wait for summer). Check out the beta on ID here Mike knows his stuff! Alpine rockband.gif I can taste the summer fruit.gif now if only the weather would cooperate! hellno3d.gif

definitely hit the ID this time of year. it's probably safer and more direct.

for the benefit of everyone, it's been snowing here in longmire for the past 3 days!!! though little is accumulating, the fact that it's remaining cold and snowing is somewhat odd for may.

with that said, the upper mountain is also remaining cold, and i think the summer climbing conditions are going to be GREAT this season. thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif there has been a fair amount of late winter and spring snowfall to fill in the gaps from winter. nisqually gl, nisq. icefall, nisq ice cliff, kautz gl, kautz cleaver, kautz headwall and the gib route all look good from the paradise parking lot... sorry i don't have more detailed information to share. perhaps others will as more folks start climbing.

also, DEFINITELY CONSIDER THE CURRENT AVALANCHE SITUATION. the ONLY way to really do this is to go look for yourself, there is NO forcasting for the upper mountain. as you can imagine, conditions change constantly for each and every route. i think the NWAC posted a special bulletin for the weekend.

mike

Fence_Sitter said:

Flying_Ned said:

Ditto. ID via CG.

yeah cadaver gap is the shizz! strongly reccommended! anyone wanna hit that up soon as soon as i kick this S.A.R.S. i got? c'mon! rockband.gif

Like I said... just a week or so, it'd be cool to get some CC peeps up there! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

any big slots open out on the nisqually yet? thinking of climbing the kautz this weekend as part of denali training, and we want to practice hauling a sled out of a big crack (or was that practice smoking a lot of big crack while sitting on a sled?) sometime soon