Selected Climbs in the Cascades, Part 1, edition 2

Pencil_Pusher

Damn. I'd heard this was coming out but figured the first edition was good enough. Well I was at the Mountaineers Bookstore yesterday and there it was. I thumbed through it and it's got some good photos in there as well as some more routes. Bastards wink.gif, the damn thing makes me want to buy it... it's pretty inspirational. If Beckey can do it, others can too I guess. Besides, the 1st edition is in pieces due to tearing out the pages for each trip.

BTW, the new green Beckey book is out so don't go buying the old one the bookstores are pushing.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not usually prepared when I go climbing so the simple task of copying the text is way too complex for someone who can barely remember to bring the book (I've climbed Ingalls, Tooth, Marymoor and Exit 38 in Dockers [dress shoes for Exit 38 and Marymoor] and coveralls for Smith [with a case of Snickers I inadvertantly had in the car, which worked out well because I forgot to bring food]). cantfocus.gif Hell, I've even gone for a hike up to Muir in the then girlfriend's clothes (they were pretty tight) and my cross country ski shoes because I forgot my stuff... my friends said they'd never look at me the same. hellno3d.gif

I'll tear out of Nelson, but not Fred...

My bad, I thought the new green Fred was already out.

And, I don't know anything about this new Nelson book because I didn't buy it, just thumbed through it. An annual student Mounties membership costs $45 and members get a 20% discount on all "The Mountaineers" books. There's tons of activities going on each month though I have yet to go on one. They'll let you bypass the basic class with their basic equivalency, but because they need instructors, there is no intermediate equivalency. Yeah, I asked and they said no... maybe it was just me.