Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Yos

Portland area Climbing/Room Rental

Recommended Posts

Working in Hillsboro, Or for the summer and need to find a place to live as well as get an idea of what climbing options are available (small nearby crags, partners, etc.). bigdrink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check this link for general info on local crags:

 

yo

 

The book Portland Rock Climbs has detail on each of these areas.

 

Don't know about room rentals, Hillsborough is kind of in the burbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you feel like feeding my cats while i'm in alaska for a month, promise not to rape my next door neighbors' kids, and don't mind driving a bit from vancouver, i'll give you a whole damn house fo' free...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps you took feeding the cats a bit too literally? HCL.gif

 

actually she'll be chill'n in the state of the virginia queen, by a beach w/ an ocean you can actually swim in while i freeze in the big fridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info, though it seems my future doesn't look too bright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yos said:

Thanks for the info, though it seems my future doesn't look too bright.

 

If you are working in Hellsburrito then you are correct, you're in grim straits. The local newsweekly, Willamette Week, has a section devoted to rooms for rent/roommate situations. Check that shiznit out for the 411 on housing. Unless you want to live in the burbs you're in for a hellish commute.

 

Oh, and the crags are a lot further away.

 

 

The end is near, repent or burn in the eternal suburban fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yellaf.gif if living in Hillsboro, you might as well live on the coast in Tillamook or something. Only adds 5% of the commute time. yellaf.gifpitty.gifhahaha.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

email iain about Mount Hood beta. He is the South Route ZEN MASTER.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rbw1966 said:

And there is actually climbing near Tillamook

Climbing? Tillamook? Leave the cows out of this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MtnHigh said:

Once again erik sprayed over an Iain post.

 

Unemployed and unable to climb due to a combination of bad weather and an unfortunate accident with a baby bottle, cotton balls and a mis-labeled tube of Preparation-H, erik sought comfort and solace in a long-distance internet relationship with Iain. Smelling the putrid air of desperation and angst, Iain rejected erik's advances in spite of the combined lure of a free stay in a squamish cabin and a french-maid outfit. Erik never recovered from the affront to his erstwhile masculinity and lifts his leg on Iain forevermore.

 

the_finger.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rbw1966 said:

And there is actually climbing near Tillamook

 

Yea, but watch out if you fall. Some of them can be a cheese grater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cj001f said:

rbw1966 said:

And there is actually climbing near Tillamook

Climbing? Tillamook? Leave the cows out of this!

 

I love ewe fruit.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rbw1966 said:

MtnHigh said:

Once again erik sprayed over an Iain post.

 

Unemployed and unable to climb due to a combination of bad weather and an unfortunate accident with a baby bottle, cotton balls and a mis-labeled tube of Preparation-H, erik sought comfort and solace in a long-distance internet relationship with Iain. Smelling the putrid air of desperation and angst, Iain rejected erik's advances in spite of the combined lure of a free stay in a squamish cabin and a french-maid outfit. Erik never recovered from the affront to his erstwhile masculinity and lifts his leg on Iain forevermore.

 

the_finger.gif

 

hahaha.gif

 

he got me drunk first and promised me "doing it" was sign of endurement, a bond forever...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erik said:

rbw1966 said:

MtnHigh said:

Once again erik sprayed over an Iain post.

 

Unemployed and unable to climb due to a combination of bad weather and an unfortunate accident with a baby bottle, cotton balls and a mis-labeled tube of Preparation-H, erik sought comfort and solace in a long-distance internet relationship with Iain. Smelling the putrid air of desperation and angst, Iain rejected erik's advances in spite of the combined lure of a free stay in a squamish cabin and a french-maid outfit. Erik never recovered from the affront to his erstwhile masculinity and lifts his leg on Iain forevermore.

 

the_finger.gif

 

hahaha.gif

 

he got me drunk first and promised me "doing it" was sign of endurement, a bond forever...

 

So erik, who is this man that got you drunk and violated your pooper? was it FDA?? bwahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please leave me out of your barnyard fantasies

 

erik: I hear the tillamook pastures are a sure thing. easier to score than burnside next time you're in oregon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×