Euros are getting sick!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of stupid topic is this? sport you clip bolts and trad you place gear. what is the fucking problem? grades will reflect how much effort it takes to redpoint a pitch. usually people who suck at climbing and their inflated egos can't handle it will say trad is much harder. a complete bullshit, since they will suck ass on harder sport pitch. somehow they will say trad climbing is harder hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif in order to boost the penis size. 5.10, 11, 12, 13,14 or 15 is the same weather on overhanging limestone or granite crack. type of climbing and technique will differ. of course there will be sandbag pitches weather sport, trad or alpine.

but in general the only difference is how you place gear- other wise you'r full of shit and i will straighten you right the fuck out with a good shoe up the ass or kick to the balls wave.gif

glassgowkiss said:

what kind of stupid topic is this? sport you clip bolts and trad you place gear. what is the fucking problem? grades will reflect how much effort it takes to redpoint a pitch. usually people who suck at climbing and their inflated egos can't handle it will say trad is much harder. a complete bullshit, since they will suck ass on harder sport pitch. somehow they will say trad climbing is harder hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif in order to boost the penis size. 5.10, 11, 12, 13,14 or 15 is the same weather on overhanging limestone or granite crack. type of climbing and technique will differ. of course there will be sandbag pitches weather sport, trad or alpine.

but in general the only difference is how you place gear- other wise you'r full of shit and i will straighten you right the fuck out with a good shoe up the ass or kick to the balls wave.gif

wave.gif Hi bob! Got my cup on!!!!!!!!! hhahahaha...you crack me up!!!!!

Sloth_Man said:

Another sport guy overcompensating.

Just can't handle the fact that sport 10c is trad 9+.

But just for grins. If the crack of fear is trad 5.10 then tell me about a comparable sport climb.

uhmmm...not sure what your gettin' at...at best you've shifted the grade by one...so what, that's insignificant...

I can show you some bolted face 5.9's and .10's back at stone mountain that are as "stiff" as crack of fear if you are a 9 or 10 climber...

wirlwind said:

all i got to say is i'd like to see some wanker

of a sport climber or boulder for that matter,

that can climb .13's in sport, free city park at index w/gear.

i'll even buy the beer

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Ummm...alan watts came damn near to flashing that thing placing his gear...Some refer to him as the "father of sport climbing"...

well if hes the father of sport climbing i would asume he was one of the people that started bolting things, he proably was a climbing trad before he started sport, and probly bolted alot of stuff while hanging off of trad gear, plus i didn't same it was unherd of i just said i'd like to see it and i still dout that the majority of .13 sport climbers would come close to doing the same on trad

wirlwind said:

all i got to say is i'd like to see some wanker

of a sport climber or boulder for that matter,

that can climb .13's in sport, free city park at index w/gear.

i'll even buy the beer

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

so what about hubers? they did more on el crap- the wholly grail of trad climbing then ALL other americans combined. and don't pull that "lynn hill nose in a day"shit. because my argument will be scott burk and his nose abortion ascent. and don't tell me salathe' was done by piana/skinner. everybody in the ditch gives fa to hubers. anyway, climbers from europe did more in the past 5 years then all of the dope smoking pseudo hyppies in the past 20. and don't tell me about all the aid lines, since you need a fitness level of a truck driver to do that.

and alpine- there is a 30 ft run-out on el ninio (protected by old knife blade) on some 13c pitch- by the way also done on sight by some lads from the old continent(was it leo?)

wirlwind said:

well if hes the father of sport climbing i would asume he was one of the people that started bolting things, he proably was a climbing trad before he started sport, and probly bolted alot of stuff while hanging off of trad gear, plus i didn't same it was unherd of i just said i'd like to see it and i still dout that the majority of .13 sport climbers would come close to doing the same on trad

I guarantee you that if some consistent .13c climber decided to work that thing it would go down pretty quick. Problem is, there's not a whole lot of .13c climbers around here and the ones that are here aren't a whole lot interested in local climbing...

iain said:

RuMR said:

I guarantee you that if some consistent .13c climber decided to work that thing it would go down pretty quick.

.13c maybe, but .13b? not a chance in hell... hahaha.gifwave.gif

the thing is rated .13c...so why compare apples and oranges? Duh... fruit.gif

RuMR said:

Sloth_Man said:

Another sport guy overcompensating.

Just can't handle the fact that sport 10c is trad 9+.

But just for grins. If the crack of fear is trad 5.10 then tell me about a comparable sport climb.

uhmmm...not sure what your gettin' at...at best you've shifted the grade by one...so what, that's insignificant...

I can show you some bolted face 5.9's and .10's back at stone mountain that are as "stiff" as crack of fear if you are a 9 or 10 climber...

as soon as you lead the crack of fear... rolleyes.gif