Denali Bound......

ryland_moore

See chat with y'all in a month or so. Taking off manana (don't know how to do that little squiggly thing on the keyboard) for Talkeetna and the Land of the Midnight sun. Hope the weather cooperates with you down here and that you all get sun on your backs, warm granite for your jams, and endless cracks that you just have to chuckle to yourself, damn what a life! Oh, and for you sport climbers and boulderers, may you send many a highball, onsight steep roofs, and tick all of your projs. before I get back. Send warm thoughts to Alaska for me and all others on this site and I hope to see y'all this summer at one of the multiple pub clubs, LEavenworth shindigs, and beer drinking with climbing on the side get togethers. Peath. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, after a year and a half of planning this trip (and god knows how many postings on this bulletin board by me looking for advice), Ryland and I and the other three members of Rednecks on Ice are off to Denali to freeze our asses off for a month. Yeeha!

Many many thanks to all of y'all who passed along advice from your first-hand experiences up there, you definitely helped us figure out what to skip and what to double up on.

May all of you be blessed by good weather and get in a ton of climbs, and go harvest some sweet summer corn snow on Rainier for me while we're away.

And if you happen to be Denali bound yourself...if you come across a megamid with James Brown pouring out of the speakers, come on in and say 'howdy'.