Cloud Cap road?

Roger

Has anyone been up to cloud cap lately? Thinking about a trip this weekend, and wondering about the status of the road. And don't give me any of that shitty beta like you gave Desey, or... or... I'll be really really mad! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no kidding - I thought about calling the ranger district, but figured it would probably be a waste of time. I'd rather post the question here and get a real answer from someone who has actually been there recently, instead of some usfs employee reading a computer printout from a month ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I called the Forest Service today in HR. It was a waste of time. They haven't sent anyone to look at the road in weeks. They said they probably wouldn't open the first gate until the middle of June. Then they'll wait until the road dries out before opening the upper gate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it sounds like it's open judging from the people that i talked to or saw yesterday while up on Hood. 2 guys did sunshine on thursday and i saw another guy wandering around on Snow Dome yesterday afternoon. I'd have to assume that they drove to Tilly Jane... who knows though? rolleyes.gif