Who sent what?

Distel32

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat: woke hungover at 5am... rode bike to in town crag... set up a self bely for the first time, climbed three easy routes; names, we don't need no stinnkin' names. They were way easyer than I'd normaly go after, but I was by myself and testing a new tequniec.... Then I proceed to drink beer at 10am.... great stuff, my buddy calls "hey dood, ya wanta help me work on my new place today?" Hey bought this lot with a shitty trailer on it and a bunch of out buildings... Spent the rest of the day, sledg hammer in hand, knoskin' the shit outa buildings grin.gif... some of the most fun I've had in a long time... gotta chain saw through walls and hook up a chain to one and take off in my truck and watch the fucker go boom... yellaf.gif great time all the way around... killed a bottle of vodka in the pm... wave.gif

Here's My 8 year olds email to his mom in Vermont:

Hi Mom, Yesterday was my birthday, but Dad didn't let me sleep. We got up early and drove to Mt Ellinor in the Olympics. At the trailhead we loaded my ski boots in my pack and Dad put my skis on his pack along with his skis too. At first the trail was dirt with lots of log steps, but soon we were in snow. When we came out of the forest at the bottom of a steep chute, we put my ski boots on. Dad kicked good steps for me, but some were really big. The clouds were all around and I kept asking for the sun to come out, but Dad said clouds were better because it wasn't so hot. We made it to the top in a little more than 2 hours. We had peanutbutter sandwiches on top and then put our skis on. There was a big otter slide in the chute so Dad said the skiing would be better in the bowl where the summer route comes up so we went there. We skied some trees on top then in the bowl and then in the forest. The snow was really good and we didn't break through. We skiied all the way until the snow ended and our skis were really dirty when we took them off. On the way home, Dad bought some shrimp and Oysters and then we had a birthday/mothers day party and I got to shoot the new arrows we got on the way home. They're really cool and go in the target really far. I really like my new bow! Do you want to try it? Anyway, it was a great birthday and I can't wait to see you soon. Dad took pictures and so you can look at them.

Love,

Jordan

hakioawa said:

Outerspace and gilvers crack. Good times.

This is what I did last weekend!

JoshK said:

weather sucked for planned attempt of NF shuksan saturday with Paco (warm and rainy cry.gif)

glad I didnt go with you then! bigdrink.gif for the attempt!

Index Saturday (hung all over Iron Horse again!!). Familiar faces and throngs of very slow(!!) aid climbers on the lower wall and country. Packed for Shuksan attempt Sat night, got the phone call at 2:15.."my car battery is dead".."its ok, I'm too tired to try Shuksan".."lets go rock climbing tomorrow"..."ok". Static Point Sunday for Online, then down to Index for a few more pitches, then into Barclay lake to look at Baring.

ryland_moore said:

Sunday: Sent the Parking Lot to Top of Palmer Route rolleyes.gif on Hood in record time - 1:05 - Watch out Dan -, I'm right behind ya!

hey thats pretty fast! When you make your "official" bid for the record, my avatar will volunteer to time you!!! yellaf.gif

hey thats pretty fast! When you make your "official" bid for the record, my avatar will volunteer to time you!!!

I only do races on partial ascents. Summitting and descents don't count for me. I am training really hard right now for the Paradise to Pan Point route. Trying to get it in sub 30 minutes on skis (yeah right - not my fat ass!). I will need 3 additional avatars (hopefully fake ones but don't tell anyone) to help me record this amazing super-human feat. I wonder if Peter Alexander or the Stuggart family are free? yelrotflmao.gif

Saturday: Wandered around to all the crags in the Mt. Washington area at Exit 38 for the first time, looking for a friend. There's a ton of random overbolted choss out there! It looks like there are some cracks to be climbed at the Valley View West wall. A couple hikers I passed on the way up around 4pm asked me, "You're getting a late start, aren't ya? Planning on spending the night up there?" I just kept walking. hellno3d.gif Fun times exploring a bit further west.

Sunday: Sent a pile of BBQ ribs at my girlfriend's family's house near Olympia. I used the sit-start, which actually makes it easier.

check out the bouldering gallery.

AlpineK- Why don't you like sit starts? can't get off the ground, no offense but is that why? And comparing bouldering to synchronized swimming, c'mon now, you can do better than that. The problems may be short but let's go bouldering and see how you do and I will gladly attempt to go jam any crack. wave.gif But please don't say stupid shit about things you can't do, I can't climb 5.10 crack without hanging, so I don't say shit about it. If we go bouldering and you climb well then it's all good, but don't trash shit you can't do. wave.gif

bigdrink.gif

Distel32 said:

check out the bouldering gallery.

AlpineK- Why don't you like sit starts? can't get off the ground, no offense but is that why? And comparing bouldering to synchronized swimming, c'mon now, you can do better than that. The problems may be short but let's go bouldering and see how you do and I will gladly attempt to go jam any crack. wave.gif But please don't say stupid shit about things you can't do, I can't climb 5.10 crack without hanging, so I don't say shit about it. If we go bouldering and you climb well then it's all good, but don't trash shit you can't do. wave.gif

bigdrink.gif

Very succinctly put!!!!!!!!!! Can't for the life of me figure out why someone has to trash someone else's fun even if its stupid according to their "opinion"...

Distel: sit starts are contrived, if its easier to do problem from a standing start. Its like eliminates and climbing with one arm tied behind your back. Put frankly, sit starts are silly. Maybe you should just do the problem standing up but with rollerskates on. fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Distel,

I boulder from time to time, but I don't base my weekend on it. Like Dru said a sit start is contrived.

Say what you want, but even with that pad your knees are going to be fucked up in 15-20 years. I'm sure that doesn't mean much to a 19 year old but life does go on. The question is do you want to live it as a cripple.

I'm sure you look hot in a tutu. wave.gif