Quote a rant session about Twight on r.c.useful...

Alex

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dane climbing magzines print mark twight stories like once or twice or the spand of two years so you shouldnt get so picky, but anyway i used to feel the same way about Mark Twight, a elitist prick that doesnt give a damn about anything else but the route and yes he is but he also brilliant. before i found this new born respect for him i thought he was a crazy guy with no life that just climbed the hard stuff but then i bought his book Extreme Alpinism and started reading it. his ethics and tactics toward climbing the hardest routes start to make alot more sense. and i also think that we shouldnt put down people for how they act, i also agree that he shouldnt have left his garbage on the mountain and he should not put down climbers who arnt up to par with him i know i am not and might never be. lets just remeber that climbing is what connects us all, its what we love and its what we(maybe just me) wait all week to do on the weekends. so lets just stop the put downs now.

Aidan

num1mc,

i knows that i arent as smart as you maybe thinks you ar but maybe you shoold of

bin a little more smarter and used a comma after high climbs name. best chek yerself

I fall into the category that Twight should be scorned, mostly for his littering, and acting like it's justified, because of his skill. As a matter of fact, I'm one of those Alex is referring to on RCU. Though what he may not know is that I have been on that site for many months, and know some of those guys, even climbed with a few, so it's not as much of a fight there as one may seem. But it is amusing, I suppose. tongue.gif

Does anyone know if Twight is still sponsored by Patagonia? This would be most ironic, considering how green Patagonia claims to be, to have someone they sponsor rationalizing littering in the name of skill.

The funny thing is...if Twight was a little more...ok ok, a lot more humble, people wouldn't be trashing his actions, like his trashing Denali.

I guess what I am saying is that if you live in a glass house, you should shit in the basement. Twight seems to have shit all over his glass house while telling us all to shit in our basements.

Sure he is an exceptional alpinist, but so what. Sure his book is full of usefull and insightfull knowledge, but so what.

He can do what he wants...just don't expect me to praise an ass that smells like shit.

ps these postings should not require perfect puntuation or spelling, this is not a professional environment, but a social one.

------------------

Have a nice day.