Bulo Point

Uncle_Tricky

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attempted to hike Tidbits mountain this weekend in the McKenzie river/Blue River area, and the snow level was around 4500 feet, and there was lots of it. Bulo is further east in the rain shadow, so it might be dry. I was going to try to go there next week. If I go I'll submit a report.

I spent some time SE of Bend this past weekend, and we were up above 5000 ft for lots of the trip. It looked like there was snow high on Paulina Peak, but that was about it. There was no snow on the east side of Santiam, but as soon as we passed over it to the west side, there was snow on the hills.

You wouldn't believe the place now, Wayne. Maybe forty bolted routes or so... unless you're thinking about the Boy Scouts crag?

On topic 'tho, I'll bet it goes. There shouldn't be much more than a short walk thru snow (if that) up there this coming weekend.

Spent a day at Bulo, a day at Horsethief and a day at Frenchman's this week. A patch of snow blocked the road about 1/4 mile before the crag, but the rock was dry and warm. Some fun bolted climbs and a couple nice cracks. And of course we had it to ourselves. Horsethief was bloody windy. Saw several rattlers and got maybe 20 ticks between two people and two dogs. My hound ate Death Camas and spent the next 24 hours puking wildly. The Coulee was sunny and warm. Only one other party on Sunshine Wall. Saw the Goran memorial. Snowing hard from Cle Elum on over the pass coming back over last night!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...