mneagle

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Don't know fer sure, but Seattle Filmworks might do digi. At least they offer film-to-digital stuff.

i don't know about seattlefilmworks digital stuff but i can say their film work is the worst i've ever seen. totally substandard ripoff bullshit. avoid. hellno3d.gif

gregm said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Don't know fer sure, but Seattle Filmworks might do digi. At least they offer film-to-digital stuff.

i don't know about seattlefilmworks digital stuff but i can say their film work is the worst i've ever seen. totally substandard ripoff bullshit. avoid. hellno3d.gif

Sounds like you might want to stay away from SFW, then. yellaf.gif

I've used shutterfly.com to print most of my photos. They also offer unlimited space for sharing online pictures with your friends. Of course, that with the intention of letting your friends print your pictures too.

ofoto.com is another, but it requires your friends to register to see your pics.

-Mike

It depends on how large of a print you need and what sort of quality you expect.

Fuji has a nice digital printer called the Frontier that is starting to pop up in all sorts of places, from Walmart and Costco to reputable, dedicated photo labs. It can output quite sharp prints at 300dpi up to 10"x15", provided you have enough pixels, or at lower resolution if you don't. The prints are good, reliable and cheap enough, I'd suggest seaching out a place that uses it for smaller prints and prints from digital cameras. Hell, it's also probably your best bet for smaller prints from film too. Unless you specifically need an online service, I'm sure you can get them printed locally in just about any medium size US town. Look at Dry Creek Photo for a list of places using them. If you start messing with your photos in photoshop and want some basic color management check out the above link for color profiles (a kind fellow in Oregon has been making ICC profiles from Frontiers for free and posting them on the web..).

If you need larger prints from high res scans, I'd suggest West Coast Imaging or a local lab offering larger printing services. West Coast Imaging offers an economical printing service on their Lightjet if you provide the files. Good Luck.