foot question

I kicked my big toe real hard on a rock. Now my foot hurts real bad when I rock over onto the front of it when I'm walking or running. Even though its not swollen or discolored at all, is it possible that I broke it? Any doc's here got an idea?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did something similar, kicked a rock stairway wearing sandles. Hurt like hell but didn't discolor, and only swelled a tiny amount. Xrays showed two 'chips' off the bone right at the knuckle of the big toe. For a while it had limited movement but ultimatly healed fine. Docs didn't do anything to it, just told me to keep off it for a while and take vitamin I.

I did that two summers ago. I kicked my toe real hard on a rock. Like yours, it wasn't noticeably swollen, but it hurt pretty bad and I was favoring it all week.

About a week later, it was sunny outside and I convinced myself it was the LAST SUNNY DAY OF THE SEASON (even though it was only September), so I headed out to Little Big Chief Mountain. The approach starts with like 6 miles on the Dutch Miller trail and I didn't leave town until like 9am 'cause it was a spur of the moment bag out of work deal. So, the point of this is, I had to go fast, so I was trail running and f**K if I was gonna wear big heavy toe-protective boots.

Of course, I stubbed my toe on roots and shit real bad about 3 or 4 times. A couple of times I had to sit down it hurt so bad. Fast forward ....moral of the story, the toe felt better the next day than it had the entire week before!!! Go figure. Just thought you'd like to know bigdrink.gif

Oh, yeah, that big toe doesn't have full range of motion anymore (but I think it was like that before I mashed it) cantfocus.gif.

Do the flick test, flick your toe straight on and if any part other than what you flicked hurts, it's probably broken. Works on fingers anyway rolleyes.gif

I busted my pinky toe, and shoved on the climbing shoes 15 minutes later, sent the route...threw my shoes down from the top. My pinky is a bit curled under these days, but it fits in my climbig shoes real well smile.gif