Worst Excuse To Not Climb

Dru

Stefan said:

Here's a real one. And this one was by a cc.com poster. I found this excuse out after waiting for one hour for him at our scheduled meeting place. (He never showed up.) My whole weekend was wasted--and it was a gorgeous weekend.

"I decided at the last minute to help my girlfriend move."

For this very reason, it helps to round up at least two CC.com posters for these climbing blind dates.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY hate this one:

"Better to retreat and live to climb another day!" rolleyes.gif

almost as much as

"I'd rather not push myself, as long as I get to spend a beautful day in the mountains with good friends, I'm happy." fruit.gif

erik said:

"if rudy is belaying, i think i am gonna stay home!"

or

"we not climbing with that aggro midget again are we?"

Dude...stop!! I can't take it anymore...i've got to get some work done!!!! yelrotflmao.gif

catbirdseat said:

Fejas said:

"Oh man, I can't go to smith this weekend I gotta do yard work..."

...From a married man, no doubt.

I've taken the liberty Of growing narly weeds and grass all over my yard this year, so that wont be a problem... The last place I live at, had a yard that took a lot of work... frown.gif

"Ah, yes, well, you see, Dr. Flash Amazing would like nothing better than to accompany you to the cliffs for a spot of technical rock climbing, truly, but, well, the thing of it is, the Doctor wouldn't want to make anybody feel bad about their climbing abilities, or their decided lack thereof, and out of respect for all involved, DFA will have to respectfully decline your most thoughtful invitation. Good day, ta ta, adieu."

wave.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

"Ah, yes, well, you see, Dr. Flash Amazing would like nothing better than to accompany you to the cliffs for a spot of technical rock climbing, truly, but, well, the thing of it is, the Doctor wouldn't want to make anybody feel bad about their climbing abilities, or their decided lack thereof, and out of respect for all involved, DFA will have to respectfully decline your most thoughtful invitation. Good day, ta ta, adieu."

wave.gif

fda you TOOL, we all know you don't climb

(a barstool perhaps)

I should be leaving to go to the BBQ, but I have considerable experience in this area so I feel compelled to add the following poor excuses:

It's too cold

it's too hot

it's too windy

no you guys go ahead, I'll just lay here on the beach all day. Tomorrow we will go to the hospital for X-rays

it's too steep

it's too slabby

my ankles are killing me

Vantage is just too loose

it's too exposed

I think I'm going to throw up

my gear is all wet because I accidentally threw my pack in the river

my climbing partner gave me a cold

my feet are swollen from the heat

my ankles hurt

my ankles hurt

my ankles hurt

fruit.gifGeek_em8.gifwave.gif

trask said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

wave.gif

fda you TOOL, we all know you don't climb

(a barstool perhaps)

Kettle calls the pot black. fruit.gif