Religon

Dave_Schuldt

Fairweather said:

1) I haven't yet seen GW posin' on the church steps, bible in hand, like Clinton used to.

2) Environmentalism is the religion of the left.....and it is preached to our children in public schools.

3) I don't hear any outrage from you libs when The Catholic Church or the National Council of Churches...or VP wannabee man-of-God- Libermann gets involved in politics...as long as they agree with your position on a given issue.

4) GW in 2004!

That's nice, I could have predicted your response. wave.gif

But the question is about, "Religon." How does that make you feel...huh?

Edited by AlpineK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairweather said:

1) I haven't yet seen GW posin' on the church steps, bible in hand, like Clinton used to.

2) Environmentalism is the religion of the left.....and it is preached to our children in public schools.

3) I don't hear any outrage from you libs when The Catholic Church or the National Council of Churches...or VP wannabee man-of-God- Libermann gets involved in politics...as long as they agree with your position on a given issue.

4) GW in 2004!

1.) I dont give a shit about posturing one way or another. Clinton (or bush, or whoever) can be religous in their private lives all they want. It's went the politics of this country get influenced by the family-value crap religous right and their ideals that the problems start.

2.)This is the most idiotic fucking thing I have ever heard. Ripping down trees and poluting the earth ruins it. If you are too fucking stupid to realize this, you can't be helped.

3.)Again, it's not who it's coming from, it's what they want to do. the christian right in this country is a powerful (and frankly scare) force that, if they had their way, would have us living in a single language, single religion barracaded society.

4.)Whatever. I hope the debacle of the last few years wakes up the large group of seldom-voters and helps get rid of that schmuck.

AlpineK said:

Fairweather said:

4) GW in 2004!

That's nice, I could have predicted your response. wave.gif

But the question if about, "Religon." How does that make you feel...huh?

"The question if about "religon" ????? I guess I don't understand what you're asking....

E-rock said:

Fuck Turkey madgo_ron.gif they wouldn't let us launch operations from their soil, bastards!

Plus, they kept that guy from MIDNIGHT EXPRESS in jail for like ten years just for hash, and made him do a 80's movie pseudo / almost gay-sex scene that had yoga and shit in it. It was really quite disturbing rolleyes.gif

Up on the hilltop where the vultures perch

That's where I'm gonna build my church.

Ain't gonna be no priest, gonna be no boss

Just Charles Nelson Reilly, nailed to a cross

I can't piss I can't shit I'm getting no relief

People shake their heads in disbelief

GO.

Fairweather said:

Worse than that.....he's a left-wing enviro-peacenik-protesting wacko. (And JoshK too!) I can overlook the spelling. the_finger.gif

By the way....nice pics of Robson, Wishbone Arete! Fucking hardcore. (By my slogging standards, anyhow)

Funny, dipshit, how I am a "enviro-peacenik-protesting wacko" even though I've never protested anything and didn't even take a hard stance against the war. Moron.

Spiritualism seems good for what ails ya, as the feeling you get on those scenic mountain tops. Religions often restrict you to their beliefs vs others. (Fairweather)

Josh, you seem far closer to the humane viewpoint.

4) G.one W.acko by 2004. boxing_smiley.gif

Fairweather said:

Uh-oh...you're not one of those "science is a religion" wackos, are you? Next you'll be telling us the Earth is flat.

-Josh

science is a religion, its just better documented than any other... that being said, every single veiwpoint on the planet has some truth to it.... seems kidda pointless to argue a veiwpoint to some one when they are unwilling to listen to it... most people speak but not hear what comes out...

Dwayner said:

Rabbi Schlomo says:

"You guys don't know from religion! Let's talk climbing! Moses was a climber! And by the way, God bless our troops!"

rabbi-02.jpg

So that is what becamse of Charles Richard (Dick) Ellsworth. And I thought he had become a school teacher. Personal friend of a few people on this board.hahahahaha

Science is not a religion. Religion is based on dogma; science is based on reality and the observation thereof. Religion resists change; science is constantly changing as we learn more about reality and adjust our theories to better represent it. Religion depends on faith (i.e., believing something for no good reason); science encourages skepticism, experimentation, and open-mindedness. Religion seeks to impose moral judgements on behavior and beliefs; science seeks to expose useful information about the world we live in.

Any questions? boxing_smiley.gif

-Josh

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

joshs said:

Any questions? boxing_smiley.gif

-Josh

Yeah. Do you actually think before regurgiting closed-minded drivel like that?

yellowsleep.gif

Do you think before posting stupid close-mined drivel like that question? What's so close-minded about Josh's post? Sounds like your mind is closed to reality.

You go Josh.

Edited by gacland

A few weeks back I read a review in the New York Times of the (very large) manifesto of the guy who was one of the founders of Al-Queda. According to the writer, it seems that some of Al-Queda's main peeves with the western world, but the US in particular, are:

1) the US Gov. separates religion from government (you could argue this point though),

2) Christianity separates religion from science, whereas Islam merges the two,

3) Individual freedom, particulary the freedom of women.

Regretfully, I couldn't find the article again to site it.

Fejas (and DFA), I don't understand why you think I'm being closed-minded. What I posted was based on my own observation of the words & actions of religious groups and of the scientific community. Is there any one of my points in particular that you think is untrue?

-Josh