Spring Barbeque Wednesday May 7

mattp

Tangled_Up_In_Blue said:

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Great time! I left at 11:45, around the time the guys started talking about how hard it would be to cut your arm off with a pocket knife. frown.gif

bigdrink.gif

I think I was responsible for that yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Good slides, good food, and good conversation about hacking one's own limbs off around the fire. yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

klenke said:

JayB, Mattp, AlpineK and myself finally got out on bail an hour ago. Seems burning down the shelter (even if it was just an accident) is considered arson. Go figure. :roll

eyes: Guess we won't be having another BBQ there.

It was a fun accident. fruit.gif

Seriously it was nice to see a lot of new folks!

That was a fine event! Thanks very much to MattP and ev'ryone else! Well worth the somewhat lengthy drive from PDX. Can't wait 'til the next event; y'all SeaWA folks blow the Portland Pub Club crowd out of the water, no question. DFA will bring some of his special recipe roast chicken next time, and we can talk bolts and roto-pockets.

Bling, bling! thumbs_up.gif

ehmmic said:

Thanks for the burgers GregW. Very tasty. Nice to see so many new faces. We should definately do it again. How about June 18. Celebrate the solstice and the start of summer...and the end of another quarter of school.

The place is packed on summer eves, that's why I suggest an early June date. If it's a scool night it may be less crowded and we will stand a better chance of getting a shelter. ( If we decide on Magnison again) Distel32 suggested Carkeet, on the sound at about NW105th.

bigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifcheeburga_ron.gifHCL.gif

I found a couple yellow slings--one sewn, one tied. Let me know if you want them back.

Since I'm short on words and sense today, I'll just let the pictures tell the story of the evening.

NOTE: If you would like all evidence of your presence at this debauched debacle destroyed--including any photographic evidence, GPS plots, or witness statements--please send a check or money order to Dan -. He can make sure nobody can prove you were there. Then, if anyone asks you if you attended this infamous event, you can claim such rumors are "unofficial and unverified" at best.

The evening started off with the standard ritual baptism of first-time lurkers. I believe this is the honorable Mattp presiding over the dunking.

Baptism.jpg

The food was excellent. Rumor has it GregW killed this wild boar in the hinterlands near Gold Bar with nothing but a #5 stopper. That's badass! He used a recipe from Ted Nugent's "Kill it and Grill it" book to cook this monster up. The Before:

PigFurnace.jpg

The climbers in attendence last night were a hungry bunch. The After:

Pig.jpg

After stuffing our faces with roasted pig, we played some games and such. Here is Tangled up in Blue psyching herself up for one CC.com tradition:

pic_parnu-med.jpg

This is Ehmmic. She was trying to prove that you can keep your head underwater indefinitely by lowering the air pressure inside your head to the point where you can actually inhale oxygen through your rear end. Most of us were skeptical at first, but after a half hour, even the doubters were convinced.

redneck.jpg

For those new lurkers who chose to forego the baptism-by-lake, there was another option available....(This person has sent a check to Dan -, and thus their identitity shall remain a mystery, their presence at this event entirely unverifiable).

baptism.jpg

Even the normally reclusive Trask showed up and brought a date. I'm sure he got some funny looks driving down I-5 from Snohomish county:

redneck.jpg

For entertainment, after dinner we separated into sport climbers and trad climbers and had a short riot. This is Fence Sitter, being cheered on by his mates, lobbing something in AlpineK's direction.

aviano.jpg

Of course it's all fun and games until AlpineK breaks out the chainsaw...

texas.jpg

At that point, we called off the riot, had a group hug, and went back to drinking and standing by the bonfire.

ropes2002-island.jpg

It's hard to believe those shelters are not more flame resistant, but it did make for a warm cheery fire on an otherwise cold and windy night.

002p1_lg.jpg

All in all a very entertaining evening!