Bend Bouldering

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, there's some good bouldering out by Sisters, I have heard, but the locals are pretty tight-lipped about it... wazzup.gif

The cave just SE of town is fun, but I don't know if it is closed for bouldering or not.

There are some nice boulders with perfect landings on a golf course, but that's DEFINITELY closed to bouldering hahaha.gif

thegreatwhitegangsta said:

Are there any good bouldering areas near Bend? I'm moving there this summer and need some info. I know about meadow camp and some other shit down by the river...is there anything else?

There's nothing besides the golf course, Sisters boulders, Meadow Camp, Tick Ranch, Home Depot boulders, the Zone, Widgi boulders, and the stuff by the river at Mt. Bachelor Village. Of course, that's all from a couple years ago; the locals have got all kinds of new jack areas over there.

DFA's advice: hit InClimb, cruise out to the Metolius factory, or lurk at the brewery (pick one) looking for climbers to befriend. You'll get plenty of beta and partners soon enough.

gapertimmy said:

my one piece of advice is to not trust a single thing DFA has to say. i have some kewl bouldering problems in my back yard. though the mounds of chinook shit are more of a hazard than the sharp rock.

Fuggin' overprotective locals.

Share the wealth, dood! Pimpin' pad-people party posse all the way!