Biggest Whipper!!!

EWolfe

40' on sport. Missed a clip on Skull Fuk at the NRG. My feet were just above the belayers head.

35' while soloing aid (with a clove hitch) at Looking Glass. Ripped out Rurp & Beak among other things. My rack just touched the ground with rope stretch.

Only decked once, from 8', when I missed my 1st clip on a trad route at Seneca. Landed on my back in the talus. Belayer kept my head off the rocks.

15' in a crevasse below the NF of Athabasca.

Later that day, I was hit by a "sluff" and took a little ride which I chalk up to my scariest "fall".

Shit! looking back on it, I think I'll try to avoid falling from here on out crazy.gif

yeah right.

Oh yeah, I slipped on some snow hauling loads to the base of Lurking Fear. The haul bag protected my head as I pitched off a boulder, head first, and I punched a hole in my palm.

Jedi

p.s. Almost forgot the biggest. 70 mph in turn 2 at Carolina Motorsports Park. Backend got away from me and highsided. I remember being WAY TOO high in the air and then I woke up siding down the track with the bike at about 60 mph. My left arm is still 1/2" shorter than it use to be.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the name of the climb, but it is about a 4 pitch crack and layback in a right facing dihedral that is formed by a gigantic pillar of rock leaning against the cliff.

Dan: I think you're talking about The Good Book, right side of The Folly. Buddy of mine was on top of the pillar for the quake, he was happy to be clipped to bolts on the main wall as the pillar moved back and forth. I was over on The Mouth on the Apron, which considering it's recent rockfall follies, was surprisingly sound, though a railroad freight car fell out of Grizzly Peak right across the way and plowed into the Happy Isles trail center.

Shortly after that was when the board at the kiosk at C4 had "Earthquakes, thunderstorms, volcanic ash" for a weather forecast.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a 40 footer solo on a Gri Gri and my biggest fall 2 days ago on pitch 5 an A3 pitch on Wet Denim Daydream on leaning tower. I'd back cleaned most of my gear (i have a small rack) to a chicken bolt 20 ft below. I was on a hook placing a copper head and the hook pulled. ripped a micro nut and a aluminum head. I landed sidways with a rock pinacle 5ft below me. I retreated after that... blush.gif