Adams South Spur 5/17

JGowans

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I climbed the South Spur early season last year and we had to park at Morrison Creek CG (3 miles from Cold Springs) and start from there. It adds some xtra distance, but not that big of a deal if you do it over 2 days.

JGowans said:

Forget it. I checked the forestry site and the road to Cold Creek is still closed. Not expected to be open until late June. There's 7ft of snow at Cold Creek.

Anybody got any better ideas?

I THOUGHT YOU HAD A 4X4 TRUCK? WHAT A WUSS. I GUESS BACK IN IRELAND YOU WOULD JUST RIDE THE SHEEP ALL THE WAY IN?? HEY SPEAKING OF SHEEP ARE YOU AND TRASK RELATED???

Funny dude. Yeah, my 4x4 can also cross ocean floors too as well as get me past 7 ft of snow no problem...just like in the ads.

As for sheep....they are more than mere transportation my friend. We do indeed ride them, but in a different sort of way wink.gif

I can't guarantee that you'll be able to drive to Cold Springs by mid-May, but from my experience, the forest service web sites tend to be "conservative".

A few years ago I read on their Adams page that the road was blocked by snow with five feet at Cold Springs, but I decided to go climb that weekend anyway and just hike the road. Turns out we were able to drive right to the trailhead, no problems.

JGowans said:

Me and my girlfriend are heading up Adams on 5/17 (assuming the weather is decent). Anybody wanna join us? Will most likely car camp Friday night, and do it in a day. Could be talked into 2 days though. PM me if interested.

yeah, I might be, but only if you and your girl promise to sandwich me at night. You know, for warmth and all. Uhh..