Kid's Rock Shoes- recycle

David_Parker

Looking to get a kids rock shoe recycling program going on this board. I have some to give away to the first person who pipes in. They were given to me by DPS. I think they are size 2. Looking for a size 3-4. Lets get those kids out climbing!

Also, I'm looking for another Dad who likes to get out with their kid to climb. Could involve a weekend of camping in 11worth, Mazama or wherever!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kitten said:

I have a 3 1/2 year old who appears to be a born climber.

She is a little one and only weighs 36 pounds. What

is the weight limit for a body harness?

The problem with little kids is that they are so flexible, and their hips are so small, they can wiggle out of any harness like Houdini. I have a five and seven year old. I always take a selection of runners and cord to tie them in with. I make a diaper harness and tie the back of the leg loops up. I twist a runner twice, put the X on their back and an arm through each loop. Clip the front to the biner on the diaper sling then tie a cord from the X to the middle of the back of the waist belt. They haven't wiggled out yet. They mostly like to be hauled now and then bounce around near the bottom doing wild pendulums. They have a blast and are getting use to the rope.

I have one pair of shoes a little too big for the seven year old but they still work better than tennis shoes and she doesn't try all that hard anyway.

David_Parker said:

Looking to get a kids rock shoe recycling program going on this board. I have some to give away to the first person who pipes in. They were given to me by DPS. I think they are size 2. Looking for a size 3-4. Lets get those kids out climbing!

Also, I'm looking for another Dad who likes to get out with their kid to climb. Could involve a weekend of camping in 11worth, Mazama or wherever!

Sounds cool...a size 2 would fit my 6 yo daughter perfect right now. We usually take her down to the Redmond gym sometime over the weekends. We have joined forces with a couple other families to help out with babysitting so each family can get out to climb still.

We have some trips planned already this summer. Skaha over the 4 of July and a weekend in August over in Leavenworth. Plus a couple times to Mazama. We also take the wee-ones out hiking a couple times a month on kid friend hikes. We are usually able to get about 4-5 families out for those.

Let me know me know if you want more details, but I am definitely interested in getting those shoes for my daughter.

Thanks

-Mike

Edited by mbcracken

OK, the shoes I have to give away are about 7-3/4" long. My son's foot is about 8-1/2" long. For these purposes, this seems better than our screwed up american sizing system. Those who contacted me, double check to see if these work for your son/daughter so we don't waste time shipping shoes that don't really fit! Any one have some for me????

dave

i have some 5.10 spires that might be of use to you. they are old girlfriend shoes. still in good shape. i think the size is 7.5 on them. i will have to check. will you be at the bbq tonite?

erik said:

dave

i have some 5.10 spires that might be of use to you. they are old girlfriend shoes. still in good shape. i think the size is 7.5 on them. i will have to check. will you be at the bbq tonite?

Hey Erik, he didn't say anything about a cloven hoof style shoe, now did he???? BAWAHHAHAHAHA

Anyway...this kid's gear swap thing is an excellent idea. Plus, i've got some real shoes that should fit him...PM me and i'll go rummage around to see what i've got...

RuMR said:

erik said:

dave

Hey Erik, he didn't say anything about a cloven hoof style shoe, now did he???? BAWAHHAHAHAHA

Anyway...this kid's gear swap thing is an excellent idea. Plus, i've got some real shoes that should fit him...PM me and i'll go rummage around to see what i've got...

I GUESS BEING A MIDGET YOU HAVE LOTS OF WOMENS CLOTHES AND SHOES EH?

DAVE, YOU CAN HAVE BOTH.

erik said:

RuMR said:

erik said:

dave

DAVE, YOU CAN HAVE BOTH.

Midget doesn't imply crossdressing, sucka...that's more your field is my guess...

RuMR said:

erik said:

RuMR said:

erik said:

dave

DAVE, YOU CAN HAVE BOTH.

Midget doesn't imply crossdressing, sucka...that's more your field is my guess...

what can a guy do when your wife is tossing benjamins at me???

wazzup.gif

erik said:

RuMR said:

erik said:

RuMR said:

erik said:

dave

DAVE, YOU CAN HAVE BOTH.

what can a guy do when your wife is tossing benjamins at me???

wazzup.gif

See post regarding fairy-carhartt-wearing-panzy-climber-club post...

fruit.giffruit.gif

rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 4.5 year old who wants to climb with dad. His feet are 5-6 inches long. I have a pair of Mythos or a pair of, I think 5.10's that would fit an adolescent foot to trade, or I can pay for them.

Does any body have something in that size range they no longer need?

Thanks.

Scott

It's tough getting through all that spray. My partner's 9-year-old daughter is ready to graduate from sneakers to rock shoes if we could find some! When we climb on the REI pinnacle, she wears a size "3". If anyone has a pair in that size range that they aren't using anymore, I'd be happy to take them and give them to her to use!

I have an eleven year old who loves climb to climb but currently uses mountaineering boots or sneakers cause I'm to cheap to drop $100 on a pair of shoes that would last a year. How about having a Jr. CC Day at a local crag or Marymoor with a gear swap for the little ones. fruit.giffruit.gif

trask said:

Now that's a great idea. My kids are lucky to make it 8 months with any given shoe size. Anybody know the approximate age when their feet finally quit growing?

As I recall my feet stopped growing in High School.

But my feet never grew really fast anyway - I only wear size 3 in childrens - sometimes 5 in womens. tongue.gif

Good luck with the young girls - the feet grow and so do the fashion trends grin.gif Have fun! yelrotflmao.gifwave.gif