Beta -Sawtooth Ridge?

yngeagle

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was mainly looking for personal experiences in the area.I already own the guide book. I am just trying to snag some extra beta that is not in the olyimpic guide books. Has anybody climbed the fin, horn, Mt. Cruiser or any other peaks in that range. If so, beta would be appreciated. Regarding the rock, routes, but mainly are there areas to set top ropes for groups. ThanX smile.gif

I have only climbed Mt. Cruiser via the standard route. Pretty fun. Car to car in one day. Very long for one day. I think the only camping area with options is at Flapjack Lakes. However there are quite a few bivy spots on the SE ridge of Mt. Gladys with water running nearby in the early season. Late season there is no water. People don't like to go into the Olympic area becuase of the National Park fees.......

I have been up to Sawtooth Ridge several times and climbed Cruiser, Alpha, the Fin, and was weathered off the Horn.

The Horn offers a short multipitch route rolleyes.gif

Most of the routes are scrambles or a single short pitch of class 4 on low class 5.

I don't remember any places to toprop.

I would go early June for snow approaches. Mid and late summer the passes are doable only with crampons.