Midweek Barbeque

mattp

There has been some discussion of having a barbeque club instead of a pubclub one of these weeks, and three parks have been mentioned: Golden Gardens, Woodland Park, and Magnuson Park. I checked out a picnic shelter at Magnuson Park last night, and it looked as if it might be appropriate for us. Here's my thinking:

Golden Gardens, with the nice beach and views of the Olympics, is a fantastic place for a barbeque and bonfire. Last time we were there, everyone enjoyed it greatly until, about 10:00, the police came by and made us poor out our beer and then they started getting on the megaphones hollering that everybody had to leave the park. I had forecast that this would happen, because it ALWAYS happens in May and June. Because it is so nice and has that great parking lot and because they allow bonfires, the park is just too popular with High School aged partiers and the police are particularly active there in the Spring.

Woodland Park has been the scene for some great climber's picnic's over the years. These have been held during daylight hours, at one of the picnic shelters along Aurora. I don't know, but isn't this a gay pickup spot at night?

Magnuson Park is out of the way for many cc.com folks, but I think it is also out of the way for other users. It certainly looked pretty empty around that picnic shelter last night -- there was one car 200 yards away with a couple sitting inside. The picnic shelter has two barbeque grills, and the posted sign said "park closes at 11:30 pm."

I think we should get together on a weeknight in a park rather than a pub some time. It is all wholesome and stuff to celebrate springtime in Seattle by getting together outside, and there would be no problem with it being an "all ages" event. I know that Norman Clyde has asked that we try a night other than Tuesday, so I'm wondering about a wednesday night?

Thoughts?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mattp said:

These have been held during daylight hours, at one of the picnic shelters along Aurora. I don't know, but isn't this a gay pickup spot at night?

JoshK said:

Well, Matt, I had exactly what you describe happen to me there in highschool, so I think it would be kind of fun to repeat the experience in adulthood. hahaha.gifhahaha.gif

hellno3d.gif

JoshK said:

Fuck, you bastards. yelrotflmao.gif Shit, no, I meant getting busted by the cops in golden gardens.

Hey, you totally set yourself up for that... smileysex5.gif

I got busted there so many time in highschool...but magnuson always rocked. And the cops don't a;ways come down there so you can stay later than 11:30.

My best memory at magnuson is two girls fist fighting over a guy at a keg partay. She just up and decked the other chick in the face, none o that scratching and pulling hair shit.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

JoshK said:

Fuck, you bastards. yelrotflmao.gif Shit, no, I meant getting busted by the cops in golden gardens.

Hey, you totally set yourself up for that... smileysex5.gif

I got busted there so many time in highschool...but magnuson always rocked. And the cops don't a;ways come down there so you can stay later than 11:30.

My best memory at magnuson is two girls fist fighting over a guy at a keg partay. She just up and decked the other chick in the face, none o that scratching and pulling hair shit.

Yeah, I set myself up pretty good for that one, no denying that smile.gifhahaha.gif

My favorite HS party memory was when my buddy greg throguh down a fifth of vodka real quick and went pretty much comatose not to long after. When the cops showed up to bust the party they saw him slumped over in this chair and we tried to convince them that he was really tired cause he had taken a big run that day or some such shit. When the copped tried to stir him, after about 30 seconds the guy just slumped over forward and puked all over the cops shoes and lower pants. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif