Midweek Barbeque

mattp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope no one minds if I bring my dogs. They are very sweet and would never harm anyone--at least as long as you don't show any signs of weakness or infirmity, or run or make any sudden movements. Just look tall, hand over whatever you are grilling, and back away slowly. Everything will be ok. Really.

hyenas_groot.jpg

"LONDON (Reuters) - The leader of a prominent U.S.-based animal rights group said she had drawn up a will directing that her flesh be barbecued and her skin used to make leather products in protest at man's ill-treatment of animals.

Ingrid Newkirk, 53, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), said on Thursday she had chosen to donate her body to her organization for use in a variety of startling protests. "

bet shes just gristle and spit.

Oh my God... you cc.comers aren't thinking of eating MEAT at this barbecue, are you? Please don't tell me any of you will be wearing LEATHER shoes!! I myself will bring home-made garden burgers, a delightful medley of my own creation made from clippings from my own yard (no animals were harmed in the making of these burgers-- well, maybe a few insects, but I'm working on that), garnished with wild blackberries picked from the park's own vines. I know it's April, but there should be a few green berries just coming out. Yum Yum!

I don't know about "raging" and "party" -- I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of very respectful celebration of nature and maybe some "sharing" about our inner climber selves at the spirit circle. But you'll find us still there at 9:30, I bet. Hell, ChucK doesn't ever even show up until then.

mattp said:

ZONE FORECAST, CANADA, MAY 7-8 NOTHING BUT CRAP.

Noooooooooooo! I only got off a route 36 hours ago and already the rat is back. It's got fatter but it's still going to eat me alive. Then it'll find out that I sold my soul for a first ascent that actually wasn't. If Canada is "CRAP" all is lost!

Maybe we could BBQ the rat? It'll be pretty darn big by then.