In defense of nailing Green Dragon

DPS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

cept those people willing resuce people, they are called volunteers.

and i would rather see fuel go towards rescue then that of killing small children in foregin countries.

though i would like to state the over heighted attempts at making COL_ and ehmics afternoon into an epic. i dont see the coorelation between that and bone's deal last summer. other then the fact that all you armchaired people still second guess them!

bigdrink.gif

Yes the helicopter pilots are volunteers. And everybody volunteered to buy all the fuel put in there too. It was necessary. It was so grueling a group of rescue people walked all the way up the mountain to hold your hand on the way down. rolleyes.gif

Erik you dont see anything correlating because you're too busy trying to kiss your buddy and watch his back instead of facing the facts.

There was no second guessing it was first guess the first time I heard about it and when it was mentioned the "rescuers" walked up and down the mountain to get him.

Welcome crusty to cc.com! It seems your arrival coincided PERFECTLY with this thread. You seem to have made your point (repeatedly) concerning the parallels between an arguably unnecessary mountain rescue and the placement of pins.

By doing so, you've elected not to discuss the issues at hand but rather choose to criticize one, unnamed individual (rhymes with HAND BONE). As such, you are beginning to portray yourself as a finger-pointing brat, which may not be your intention. If you find your future posts containing the words "RESCUE, PINS, LAMBONE, GD, or GLACIER PEAK" please refrain from clicking the submit button as we all have a thorough understanding of your opinion at this time.

Again, welcome to cc.com

boxing_smiley.gif

Yos said:

Welcome crusty to cc.com! It seems your arrival coincided PERFECTLY with this thread. You seem to have made your point (repeatedly) concerning the parallels between an arguably unnecessary mountain rescue and the placement of pins.

By doing so, you've elected not to discuss the issues at hand but rather choose to criticize one, unnamed individual (rhymes with HAND BONE). As such, you are beginning to portray yourself as a finger-pointing brat, which may not be your intention. If you find your future posts containing the words "RESCUE, PINS, LAMBONE, GD, or GLACIER PEAK" please refrain from clicking the submit button as we all have a thorough understanding of your opinion at this time.

Again, welcome to cc.com

boxing_smiley.gif

What can I say. The man wants to spew forth his ethics and it stinks in here.

We love you too. smileysex5.gif

Dude, crusty, caveman, ray, whatever the hell you want you call yourself...listen up cause I'm only going to say this once (although I've said it before).

Maybe our rescue was unesecary. I never said that we were going to die otherwise. From the beggining we wer e 100% up front with the rescuers over the phone telling them that we were not in imediate danger of freezing to death, we were not injured, and that it was not an emergency. We called to ask them if they could tell our parents we were ok, because 911 was the only number we could call out to. We knew that we were going to miss our return day, and that our parents would call for us sooner or later. We told them specificly that we were ready to walk out as soon as the weather cleared, and not to put anyone in danger for us.

The head of the SAR team determined that the weather was too unstable to predict a clearing, and he launched a rescue. Of course, the weather began to clear as they reached us and we walked off. Regardless, all the rescuers were really psyched to be out there on a succesfull mission.

Anyway, back to the ethics thing. We didn't go up in a storm thinking that we'd just make a call if we got cold.

From what I can tell (don't call me a freakin liar again cause it's all there) from ehmmics post, she took pins up the route just in case the rain made it too hard to climb otherwise. I think this is a bullshit excuse to nail on a route, regardless of what the guide book says.

The thing that bothers me about this route is that it's wet in this spot for 90% of the year. So by the guide books logic, it is ok to nail pins on it almost all the time. So the route is going to continually change.

I know you are agianst bolts being placed next to cracks (so am I), so it suprises me that growing pin scars don't bother you. Maybe thats just cause tough mountaineers use pitons, so they must be ok. rolleyes.gif

I think it's lame to never let Mr. Lambone live down his misfortune on Glacier. We all fuck up, and that was a while ago. BUT, Lambone, you were too vociferous, recognise and accept that fact, and let it die. I think everyone knows your opinion, no need to reiterate yourself over and over.

Yeah, crusty is just a good troller. I had moved on and he hooked me back in....

I admit I shoulda maybe started this whole discussion with a simple "what do you guys think about pins on GD." But, I was pissed when I saw them up there and it carried over here. I already apologized to ehmmic in private if I upset her. But really, what did she expect from people when she came out and admitted her sins. Realy though, don't get so edgy folks, after all it's only casccadeclimbers.com...and opinions are like assholes.

But just so crusty doesn't acuse me of backpeddeling, I still feel the way I did from the beggining.