Do you have a climbing dependancy?

scot'teryx

(This is a slightly altered quiz)

Answer Yes or No to the following questions:

1. a. Do you ever need chalk to calm your nerves or to help you face an anticipated rough situation at work or social atmosphere?

b. Do you wish that you could carry a chalkbag with you at all times for those nervous moments when you get "gripped" socially?

2. Have you ever ignored a cliff closure to climb?

3. Do you get uncomfortable or angry when someone starts talking about your climbing?

4. Have you been climbing before a party or date because it's easier to talk to people or have more fun?

5. Do you find yourself lying or covering up with family and friends about your climbing?

6. Does anyone in your family have a problem with climbing?

7. Have you ever had any loss of memory after sneding a hard route?

8. Do you find it difficult to concentrate on things, and do your thoughts wandering to sending a project?

9. Have you had trouble sleeping, felt depressed, or anxious?

10. Is your climbing making life difficult at home?

11. Have you changed your friends or have fewer friends since you started climbing?

12. Are you spending more time alone and/or skipping school since you started climbing?

13. Are you climbing to get even or hurt your parents or friends?

14. Has anyone ever seriously or jokingly talked to you or kidded you about your climbing?

15. Are you hiding gear purchases from family or friends?

16. Do you find yourself spraying on cc.com more than any other website?

17. Have you ever gone climbing to get started on a new day?

18. Are you having difficulty participating or have you quit any of your old hobbies, sports or good time activities since you started climbing?

19. Do you feel unhappy, guilty or disappointed with yourself if you don't climb?

20. Have you ever wished you could be climb-free?

If you answered yes to three of these questions, the chances are you've got a problem with your climbing.

If you've answered yes to four or more questions, you have a problem that, left untreated, could result in major life destruction!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was so easy to get hooked... the first time was free. Friends and family even tried and intervention and 12-step rehab program. I even tried healthy alternatives, like alcoholism cocaine and other drugs. But I just didn't get the same forearm pump from the heroin injections. I'm a hopeless fiend. I think a healthy sex addiction dependency as an alternative might be worth exploring however smileysex5.gif

specialed said:

It was so easy to get hooked... the first time was free. Friends and family even tried and intervention and 12-step rehab program. I even tried healthy alternatives, like alcoholism cocaine and other drugs. But I just didn't get the same forearm pump from the heroin injections. I'm a hopeless fiend. I think a healthy sex addiction dependency as an alternative might be worth exploring however smileysex5.gif

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif sniffle, thats the sad story of my life... wink.gifcantfocus.gifwink.gifcantfocus.gifwink.gif

The Mountaineers are a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from Climbing. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop climbing. There are dues and fees for mountie membership; we are not self-supporting through our own contributions. Mounties are allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; wishes to engage in any controversy, endorses and opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay on the ground and help other climbers to achieve the same.