Mountie Alert - Icicle Canyon 4/26-27

Mountie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChrisT said:

dryad said:

If you 20-something ropeguns play your cards right, you'd have better luck with the mountie chicas than the mountie guys. Mountie guys tend to be old and funny-looking like catbirdseat. grin.gif

Same applies to Mazama Mamas!

The problem being, all the Mazama Mamas tend to be well over 30! (and yes, there certainly are exceptions, they just happen to be few, far between, and in most cases, attached!)

Ursa_Eagle said:

ChrisT said:

dryad said:

If you 20-something ropeguns play your cards right, you'd have better luck with the mountie chicas than the mountie guys. Mountie guys tend to be old and funny-looking like catbirdseat. grin.gif

Same applies to Mazama Mamas!

The problem being, all the Mazama Mamas tend to be well over 30! (and yes, there certainly are exceptions, they just happen to be few, far between, and in most cases, attached!)

So what's your point?

ChrisT said:

So what's your point?

I'm just saying that the Mazamas (and probably Mounties) aren't necessarily the best places for young people to meet each other, because there's just not a whole lot of us...

btw- next Tuesday try the 9 miler, it's much better than the others wave.gif

OK, I knew my last comment would hack some of you off, but I was just trying to make a point. I'm really not the asshole some of you might think. The fact they give us a heads up doesn't justify event. 50 people!?! Yes, I agree, they are all going to be at crags most of us don't care about anyway, but what about the poor saps who come up to L'worth to climb at one of those roadside piles and (realistically) can't? If they are just going to happily move their ropes aside and allow someone else to climb "their" crag, then they are Mounties the likes of which I have never seen before. I know the whole Mountie arguement had been done time and time again, and we don't need to rehash it now, but come on! Their mission statement goes on and on about protecting the natural environment; ever walk in behind a group of 10 or 15 of them to an alpine climb and see what kind of impact they have? Or trip over the bolts they have placed next to a crack because on of their "climbing leaders" got the chop when his pro pulled? Really guys, I'm not trying to troll or be a dick, but gimme a break...... Am I the only one who feels this way?

priapism said:

OK, I knew my last comment would hack some of you off, but I was just trying to make a point. I'm really not the asshole some of you might think. The fact they give us a heads up doesn't justify event. 50 people!?! Yes, I agree, they are all going to be at crags most of us don't care about anyway, but what about the poor saps who come up to L'worth to climb at one of those roadside piles and (realistically) can't? If they are just going to happily move their ropes aside and allow someone else to climb "their" crag, then they are Mounties the likes of which I have never seen before. I know the whole Mountie arguement had been done time and time again, and we don't need to rehash it now, but come on! Their mission statement goes on and on about protecting the natural environment; ever walk in behind a group of 10 or 15 of them to an alpine climb and see what kind of impact they have? Or trip over the bolts they have placed next to a crack because on of their "climbing leaders" got the chop when his pro pulled? Really guys, I'm not trying to troll or be a dick, but gimme a break...... Am I the only one who feels this way?

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif "The mounties suck!!" cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif

priapism said:

The fact they give us a heads up doesn't justify event. 50 people!?! Yes, I agree, they are all going to be at crags most of us don't care about anyway, but what about the poor saps who come up to L'worth to climb at one of those roadside piles and (realistically) can't? If they are just going to happily move their ropes aside and allow someone else to climb "their" crag, then they are Mounties the likes of which I have never seen before. I know the whole Mountie arguement had been done time and time again, and we don't need to rehash it now, but come on! Their mission statement goes on and on about protecting the natural environment; ever walk in behind a group of 10 or 15 of them to an alpine climb and see what kind of impact they have? Or trip over the bolts they have placed next to a crack because on of their "climbing leaders" got the chop when his pro pulled? Really guys, I'm not trying to troll or be a dick, but gimme a break...... Am I the only one who feels this way?

all right, the crags they mentioned as infiltrating are really heaps they always infiltrate..."Mountaineers" Dome, "Roto-Wall" and the shit to the right of Alphabet are seriously minicliffs not to get your panties all in a knot about. ... You are right though, prewarning is not justification to bring "FIFTY" people to the same place. thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif but, it is public land....

I Too dilike their "ethics" and "impact" on the climbing landscape....afterall, they put in a "Mountaineer Trail" to clamshell cave...even though there already was a trail by the hand... thumbs_down.gif

Seriously, Mounties should learn to climb at Frenchmans... thumbs_up.gif

bigdrink.gif

JayB said:

"Yes!! just noticed JayB's custom title!! "

Just don't be cold crushin' this particular Whack MC...

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

great, now we don't have to listen to you whining because getting your fancy name thingy was taking so long - "hezus crist, I overnighted the money to them 2 days ago"

that is wack, yellow. rolleyes.gif

didja find your beanie?

catbirdseat said:

Seriously, Mounties should learn to climb at Frenchmans... thumbs_up.gif

bigdrink.gif

Frenchmans's doesn't have enough easy climbs that can be done by a rank beginner in boots.

bullsheit...their are plenty of routes to be done still...they could learn about FA and other shit like falling rocks and birdshit and etc.

Bronco said:

JayB said:

"Yes!! just noticed JayB's custom title!! "

Just don't be cold crushin' this particular Whack MC...

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

great, now we don't have to listen to you whining because getting your fancy name thingy was taking so long - "hezus crist, I overnighted the money to them 2 days ago"

that is wack, yellow. rolleyes.gif

didja find your beanie?

I was talking about my donation to the PTL club!!!

And the beanie is in good hands. I just got the lycra bodysuit from Prana in the mail to day so I will finally be able to boulder in style.....