Mountie Alert - Icicle Canyon 4/26-27

Mountie

In an effort to minimize our impact on the climbing community we are posting this announcement.

The Everett Mountaineers will be conducting their Basic Rock 2 Field trip this weekend in Icicle Canyon. This is run once per year. This year, there will be a total of about 50 of us.

We plan to be at Alphabet Rock, Barney's Rubble, Bruces Boulder, Lower Clamshell, and Rotowall.

We claim no ownership on these routes. If you spy a route that's not being used, ask the station leader if they will pull the rope. They should yield.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the next to say thanks for taking the time to post your agenda here Mountie.

For the other folks posting on this thread, this is exactly the kind of heads up that most of the folks complaining about the Mountaineers have been asking for, so some sort of positive feedback is in order here!

Does advertising that an event is going to happen make it OK? If Osama Bin Ladin had told us he was going to take down the towers, would that have made it alright? I know comparing the Mounties to someone like Bin Ladin will really offend some people out there, and to those of you from Al Quida, I really do apologize.......

priapism said:

Does advertising that an event is going to happen make it OK? If Osama Bin Ladin had told us he was going to take down the towers, would that have made it alright? I know comparing the Mounties to someone like Bin Ladin will really offend some people out there, and to those of you from Al Quida, I really do apologize.......

No you asswipe, it's a courtesy. Now go munch some butt nuggets er something. mushsmile.gif

priapism said:

Think of it as the Rope-a-Dope for the non-cc.com crowd. tongue.gif

specialed said:

Hell yeah I agree. And its pretty much common knowledge that's what Mountie Buttress and Barnie's Rubble are for anyway. Alphabet Rock is kind of pushing it though. Plus, I love Mounties. Like Erik said, Xmas in April!!!

They probably will not be using any of the good cracks on Alphabet, just the unnamed 4th and low 5th class cracks on the right side.

Sloth_Man said:

How about this for positive feedback?

You Suck Mountie!!!!!!

Stay the frick out of the Icicle and go climb some moss choss.

Only 50? WTF is up with that. Will that be enough so that your 'leaders' will feel special?

Gimme a break

People complain about Mounties taking over a crag so you can't climb there, but how is that any different than you telling the Mounties they can't climb there right now? You're the one who should be banished to the mossy choss.