Walmart.com

Just look at the big picture.I know you have many years work experiance. SOrry to PISS you OFF.you have shown me the light.I will quit my union tommorow,tell my kids that Im sorry I lost my ins.,pension,401A and A voice in my working conditions and only buy products made in sweatshops.Fuck the gready american unions Im goin rat. Fence Sitter For President!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fruit.gif

XOXOXO

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fence_Sitter said:

the union leaders are just out to make a fast buck in "our" interests...

Whereas we all know Walmart is in it to help us out. yellaf.gif Yeah right.

Fence_Sitter said:what, is someone gonna tell me how to properly care for my tub? dont think so. I patronize the little guys if i need help picking something out or value the shor/ owner,

No, but when you need a little help choosing the right part for your car, or want a extra nice cut of meat for that special dinner, then you better hope the little guy is still around to help you out. Coz they ain't gonna give a fuck about you at your local wally's when they are making shit money, and they probably don't even know what you are talking about.

And you never know, when the tub cracks, the guy at the local Hardware store might just care enough to replace it for you, if he's still in business. thumbs_up.gifwave.gif

snoboy said:

Fence_Sitter said:

Whereas we all know Walmart is in it to help us out. yellaf.gif Yeah right.

Fence_Sitter said:what, is someone gonna tell me how to properly care for my tub? dont think so. I patronize the little guys if i need help picking something out or value the shor/ owner,

No, but when you need a little help choosing the right part for your car, or want a extra nice cut of meat for that special dinner, then you better hope the little guy is still around to help you out. Coz they ain't gonna give a fuck about you at your local wally's when they are making shit money, and they probably don't even know what you are talking about.

And you never know, when the tub cracks, the guy at the local Hardware store might just care enough to replace it for you, if he's still in business. thumbs_up.gifwave.gif

like i said... when it matters i pick the little guy ( as in the thread i made just acou-ple of days ago) and if i need an auto part, i go to NAPA... i buy shit with warranties at wallmart... buying stuff like light bulbs, and tape and such (home stuff) only makes sense to spend less... your points are deviating from bad business tecniques now to warranty and service... i ahve addressed all of these points and seem to agree with you most of the way except for pithy items that are probably made in the U.S. anyways! yellaf.gif so i guess it really is a moot point... i'm just killing time before my bedtime (30 mins ago) so have a night... and drink a few more of these for me! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Quote:

Fence_Sitter said:

Whereas we all know Walmart is in it to help us out. Yeah right.

apples and oranges... aplles and oranges...but nice tray anyways... thanks for playing... i dont give a fuck what wall mart's motive is...i get my shit for cheap... but unions on the other hand have done nothin but forc me to pay for beneifits that never affected me anyways... i make $.05 more per hour with a union, but have to pay $1.50 an hour for dues... whatever... rolleyes.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

like i said... when it matters i pick the little guy ( as in the thread i made just acou-ple of days ago) and if i need an auto part, i go to NAPA... i buy shit with warranties at wallmart... buying stuff like light bulbs, and tape and such (home stuff) only makes sense to spend less... your points are deviating from bad business tecniques now to warranty and service... i ahve addressed all of these points and seem to agree with you most of the way except for pithy items that are probably made in the U.S. anyways! yellaf.gif so i guess it really is a moot point... i'm just killing time before my bedtime (30 mins ago) so have a night... and drink a few more of these for me! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Actually, I never said anything about their business techniques. And I think you may have missed my point.

What I was trying to get across is that it could be worth spending a little extra at the little guy for some items to insure that they are still there when you need them. If the difference is to hard to swallow ask them if they are willing to match prices.

Anyway NAPA sux. Lordco rox. rolleyes.gifboxing_smiley.gif

i like the NAPA in downtown everett... those guy sknow there shit! if you know them, they will find anything in the lower 48 and ship it to you... they rockband.gif and i have never had a problem with their parts... so it seems that we pretty much agree... i do patronize teh small shops when it matters... i guess mabe i didn't say clearly enought "when it matters'...anywhooo... peace i'm outeeee! bigdrink.gif

timmmmaaaay!!! calm down.... just a BBS... and i am just a bored kid... it'll be ok! breathe he he he hooooo he he he hoooo... ad nauseum.... hahaha.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

i like the NAPA in downtown everett... those guy sknow there shit! if you know them, they will find anything in the lower 48 and ship it to you... they rockband.gif and i have never had a problem with their parts...

Hook. Line. Sinker. yellaf.gif

I guess it just comes down to defining "when it matters" then. Godd thing we have something left to argue about tommorow. yelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gifyellowsleep.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

Quote:

Fence_Sitter said:

... but unions on the other hand have done nothin but forc me to pay for beneifits that never affected me

You wouldn't be getting paid what you are (whatever that is) without unions. You also wouldn't have ANY benefits (health, dental, etc) without unions.

For a good look at pre-union working conditions in the US, watch a movie called "Matewan" about West Virginia coal miners. The workers were pretty much slaves.

look at the grocery unions in the state of washington and you will see abunch of 15 year old bag boys bent over the counter taking it in the ass... and i really wouldn't be paid MINIMUM wage + 30 cents if it weren't for the union? (this was back a few eyars ago)?!?! haha that's rich... unions work in certain scenarios, but in many cases they are war mongering $$ stealers! spray on tools! rockband.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

look at the grocery unions in the state of washington and you will see abunch of 15 year old bag boys bent over the counter taking it in the ass... and i really wouldn't be paid MINIMUM wage + 30 cents if it weren't for the union? (this was back a few eyars ago)?!?! haha that's rich... unions work in certain scenarios, but in many cases they are war mongering $$ stealers! spray on tools! rockband.gif

The establishment of a minimum wage was a great victory for labor unions. Previoulsy, employer could pay anything they wanted.

So yes, you have the unions to thank for your (very high) wage. And for your good working conditions, etc...

My point is that historically, unions have done wonders for the american worker and you and I are continuing to reap the benefits of the work of unions.

Walmart sucks.

Edited by Alpinfox

Gawdamnitall, you made me quit lurking and post.

It’s as simple as this: Wal-Mart moves into small towns and drives small businesses under by undercutting their prices. How? By cutting their own overhead. How? By paying below poverty wages to full time employees, avoiding paying employee benefits, actively suppressing employee organization by finding "legal" reasons to fire those who are deemed trouble makers, and coercing employees to work overtime hours off the clock by creating an environment in which people feel that is the only way to advance in the company and gain job security.

So why don't the workers go get a better job? There aren't any, Wal-Mart has driven everyone else out of business! These are small towns, there aren't any options. This whole thing serves to hugely and irreversibly increase the poverty level of entire communities while appearing to bring in business and create jobs.

Your argument: I am a consumer and (blindly) demand to buy from whoever is cheapest.

My argument: Would you donate money to the Access Fund? Most of us here would, in order to help protect something we care about we would be willing to part with a little hard earned coin.

Its the same thing here; spend a little more elsewhere because you are a decent human being and care about people's welfare in general. Wal-Mart and friends can't continue to operate the way they do if they aren't able to get your money!

If you still can't see this as reasonable then you might be poverty stricken yourself, which would likely be because you are a victim of this exact kind of giant-corporate subjugation. Alternately, if you are not super-poor yourself, you might just be a self centered asshole.

Now...

I am going back to lurking for another year or two.

wave.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

i dun got me another one! cletus! get the net! this uns a biggun! oh shit! he's taking out line! back up the boat! yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Classic...lost control of the argument so change the subject.

You rock.

cool.gif

jhc said:

It’s as simple as this: Wal-Mart moves into small towns and drives small businesses under by undercutting their prices. How? By cutting their own overhead. How? By paying below poverty wages to full time employees, avoiding paying employee benefits, actively suppressing employee organization by finding "legal" reasons to fire those who are deemed trouble makers, and coercing employees to work overtime hours off the clock by creating an environment in which people feel that is the only way to advance in the company and gain job security.

So why don't the workers go get a better job? There aren't any, Wal-Mart has driven everyone else out of business! These are small towns, there aren't any options. This whole thing serves to hugely and irreversibly increase the poverty level of entire communities while appearing to bring in business and create jobs.

Your argument: I am a consumer and (blindly) demand to buy from whoever is cheapest.

My argument: Would you donate money to the Access Fund? Most of us here would, in order to help protect something we care about we would be willing to part with a little hard earned coin.

Its the same thing here; spend a little more elsewhere because you are a decent human being and care about people's welfare in general. Wal-Mart and friends can't continue to operate the way they do if they aren't able to get your money!

If you still can't see this as reasonable then you might be poverty stricken yourself, which would likely be because you are a victim of this exact kind of giant-corporate subjugation. Alternately, if you are not super-poor yourself, you might just be a self centered asshole.

Now...

I am going back to lurking for another year or two.

wave.gif

rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

If you're a big enough business in WA you can set set up your own empolyee workplace insurance and you don't have to pay into Labor and Industries. Wallmart has their own workplace insurance, and they fuck their employees who get hurt on the job.

Who pays for this? You do in the long run; cause Wallmart employees eventually end up in the emergency room of your local hospital without any money or insurance to pay for their job related injury.

You get what you pay for

In my business, if you go for the lowest bid, chances are you're hiring some jackass who doesn't have legal employees and does shitty work.

Prices in the middle of the range are truly the best deal

I still don't get it.

Why are SO MANY small businesses are going out of business becuase of Walmart? Small business in small communities must be offering something for the community? Or maybe those small businesses are missing something?

The common theme I am seeing is that even small communities are voting for Walmart with their dollars. It's not just one or two, but many. And why is it that MANY small communities are voting for Walmart?

It appears the few people against Walmart shout louder than the majority supporting Walmart.

Oh come on. Back in the 80's everyone was wearing lycra tights; now nobody in their right mind would wear that crap.

Most folks don't take a long term view on things like shopping. I'm sure people who shop at WalMart are only thinking about saving a buck or two, but after a while they will realize how bad they're getting screwed.

On that note I'm going to add that I think WalMart's business model is based on a pyramid type scheme. They need to add new stores on a regular basis.

In the long run they're going down. Just remember I told you so. grin.gifwave.gif

AlpineK said:

If you're a big enough business in WA you can set set up your own empolyee workplace insurance and you don't have to pay into Labor and Industries. Wallmart has their own workplace insurance, and they fuck their employees who get hurt on the job.

Who pays for this? You do in the long run; cause Wallmart employees eventually end up in the emergency room of your local hospital without any money or insurance to pay for their job related injury.

You get what you pay for

In my business, if you go for the lowest bid, chances are you're hiring some jackass who doesn't have legal employees and does shitty work.

Prices in the middle of the range are truly the best deal

Wow,

I actually agree with everything AK wrote....this time.