The Mountaineers

AlpinistAndrew

I fuckin hate the mountaineers. the_finger.gif They are truly bastards. moon.gif They just kicked me out of their basic climbing class (B'ham branch). I missed one field trip, due to extenuating circumstances and I apoligized like no other. So, I just wanted to express my dislike of this group of assholes, I didn't like'm anyway. Anyone else hate these bastards. thumbs_down.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey you miss one trip, them's the breaks. you expect them to believe you can safely climb mt. si in plastics w/o verification? ha! wave.gif disclaimer: I am from oregon and have no idea what is involved w/ climbing mt. si or even where it is. yellowsleep.gif

AlpinistAndrew said:

I fuckin hate the mountaineers. the_finger.gif They are truly bastards. moon.gif They just kicked me out of their basic climbing class (B'ham branch). I missed one field trip, due to extenuating circumstances and I apoligized like no other. So, I just wanted to express my dislike of this group of assholes, I didn't like'm anyway. Anyone else hate these bastards. thumbs_down.gif

they're all premature ejaculators and bull dykes

Necronomicon said:

At least you didn't forget to put your shorts on over your polypro! You'd be banned for life.

You mean that makes me look like a Mountaineer?! Shit, I'll stop that practice pronto! I just thought it was a good idea. I definitely do not want to be thought of as belonging to a group. hellno3d.gif

When will those goddamned Mounties learn (and teach their stupid students) that fashion is so much more important than function when climbing!

What a bunch of dorks!!!! fruit.gif I don't think they even mention posing in any of their lectures. wazzup.gif with that? Sheesh!

AlpinistAndrew said:

At the start of the course you were told no one can miss any class without 1st making arrangements to do a makeup at another branch.

You were told this.

You were told this.

You were told this.

Is this your 1st encounter with rules being enforced? Everyone sees going in what a rules-based organization the Mtnrs are. If you think you got burned, you went into the deal with eyes wide shut.

From the way you write, I bet your personality didn't help you any. Probably none of them really wanted to go climbing with your sniveling, petulant attitude.

What about their entertainment value? I love walking up to solo Mountie Butt in shorts and flipflops and seeing them in full shells, plastics, gators, baclavas, and glacier glasses! (true story btw)

The Mountaineers must have a Scotland branch. I ran into a similarly outfitted group on the hike into the Bugaboos. These Scottish fellows (really nice guys BTW) brought no other footwear than plastic boots. (This was August and about 70 degrees with no snow in sight.) They managed to climb the Kain Route on Bugaboo Spire in said footwear.They carried two packs. They would hike one up the trail a couple hundred meters, drop it and go back to pick the other one up. Rumor had it they brought an entire ham with them to eat.

danielpatricksmith said:

What about their entertainment value? I love walking up to solo Mountie Butt in shorts and flipflops and seeing them in full shells, plastics, gators, baclavas, and glacier glasses! (true story btw)

The Mountaineers must have a Scotland branch. I ran into a similarly outfitted group on the hike into the Bugaboos. These Scottish fellows (really nice guys BTW) brought no other footwear than plastic boots. (This was August and about 70 degrees with no snow in sight.) They managed to climb the Kain Route on Bugaboo Spire in said footwear.They carried two packs. They would hike one up the trail a couple hundred meters, drop it and go back to pick the other one up. Rumor had it they brought an entire ham with them to eat.

You gotta be kidding me. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

A7U said:

AlpinistAndrew said:

At the start of the course you were told no one can miss any class without 1st making arrangements to do a makeup at another branch.

You were told this.

You were told this.

You were told this.

Is this your 1st encounter with rules being enforced? Everyone sees going in what a rules-based organization the Mtnrs are. If you think you got burned, you went into the deal with eyes wide shut.

From the way you write, I bet your personality didn't help you any. Probably none of them really wanted to go climbing with your sniveling, petulant attitude.

Boy, I sure want to be involved with the Mountaineers if I get to enjoy quality time with petty little twats like this cornhole. RULES, RULES, RULES!!! How can you be a good climber without RULE ENFORCEMENT???

Mountaineers suck dog balls. Their last major contribution to the world of climbing came in 1934 with the 3rd summer, first alpenstock-less ascent of Mt. Si, with only three forced bivys. Thankfully, with the advent of the Seattle Sombrero, and the doubleboot/gaiter/polypro/shorts/fleece & Goretex jackets hyper-sweat climbing clothing system, and 25,000 c.i. suspensomatic backpacks, this climb can be completed with only two bivys.

Don't judge my personality by the way I write, I am mad, that's all. "You were told this", yes I was aware of all the rules and such, and I abided by them, all I did was make an honest mistake of not calling the proper person at the proper time, I forgot. I apologized numerous times and tried to make amends, but they would have nothing of it. So I say fuck them if they can't accept a sincere apology. No, I don't have a petulant attitude, I'm actaully a real nice guy, unless you piss me off.

AlpinistAndrew said:

Don't judge my personality by the way I write, I am mad, that's all. ... No, I don't have a petulant attitude, I'm actaully a real nice guy, unless you piss me off.

Contradiction alert!

Contradiction alert!

Contradiction alert!

blush.gif