Glacier Peak speed record

roboclimber

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-8 years ago I climbed Glacier from Seattle to Seattle in 23:45 hours. I forgot what my time was from car to car, but I figure with the drive time (3 hours?) I probably did it in less than 16-18 hours (including the 2+ nap/passout on the summit). I think remember summiting at 10am and heading down at 1pm, but that could be all wrong since I didn't write any of it down to remember.

Sometime after that, a group of 4 of us climbed up Baker via CD Seattle to Seattle in well less than 24 hours. Not to hard to do that since their is less elevation gained and less trail mileage.

I guess back then we were more interested in making sure we were not out of town for more than 24 hours . smirk.gif

Doug Mckeever (Whatcom Community college geology instructor) did this- " On a perfect August day in 1998, just two days after doing the Sitkum Glacier route in fairly standard three day fashion, I did a solo "speed" climb of the same route in 7 hours and 54 minutes, car to summit to car (about 24 miles r.t. and 8,800' climb). I wish I could have just one race sometime where everything clicks like it did that day!"

web page

I once climbed a very big and well know mountain in under 4 hours! Of course I'm not including the short intervals taken for each "rest step".... and time spent taking photos, eating, drinking, sleeping, urinating, enjoying the view, etc. When I added those minutes to the time actually spent moving uphill I guess the climb took about... two days. grin.gif

Ching, ching, ching... yellaf.gif

Fairweather said:

I once climbed a very big and well know mountain in under 4 hours! Of course I'm not including the short intervals taken for each "rest step".... and time spent taking photos, eating, drinking, sleeping, urinating, enjoying the view, etc. When I added those minutes to the time actually spent moving uphill I guess the climb took about... two days. grin.gif