Tattoos

Fejas

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I know this character who has HATE tatooed on the four knuckles of his right hand, KILL tatooed on the four knuckes of his left, above which on the back of his hands are smiley faces run through with a saber swords, and "Red in the Head" inscribed in red italics on his forehead, (an accurate description of his hair color and combustible temperment.)

I've always considered being around him like walking around on the Fourth of July, drunk, with a jar of nitro balanced on your head--something I generally try to avoid. However, he recently turned over a kinder, gentler leaf, (of maybe it's the lithium) overwriting HATE and KILL on his knuckles with aces, clubs, diamonds and spades."

"P-U-N-X tattooed on my knuckles"

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world

And ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl

Love 'n' hate tattooed across the knuckles of his hands

The hands that slap his kids around 'cause they don't understand

How death or glory becomes just another story

I was a frat boy (not too long ago mind you) and can't stand tattoos, especially on girls. I will never date a girl with a tattoo, and only know a select few people with them.

The ironic thing is tattoos are a total fratboy thing now. I think back in the day they might have been some sign of rebellion or counterculture but now adays I associate them with pretty boys with backwards hats rolling big tired jeep wranglers through college campuses.
Maybe today, but five years ago, only tattoos I was seeing on most college campuses would have been at the local Community College!

If you ever plan on having a serious job, do not have facial piercings or tattoos that are visible.

I just think that most people need tattoos to make themselves feel more secure about who they are/what they look like. If you don't like your body, then obviously you would adorn it to look better (in your eye) right? Kind of like why women where make-up.

As for a spiritual connection, showing life's journey from where you've been and where you're going, whatever. Sounds pretty Eugene-like to me. I think those saying this are reaching to make themsleves look cool or justify why they have them, but cultures throughout history have adorned their bodies with objects and markings and it will continue to go on, whether it is a trend, it looks cool, or you do it for a spiritual reason.

I just think they make someone look silly and unintelligent.

Being I got mine back in the 70's, I can agree with allmost everone. All the jobs Ive had I would wear longsleaves, and tuck my hair up under my hat.(when I had some) After I started working it was no hassle, because They knew I was a hard worker. I liked the look on there face at the tav. after work. Its ok Im kool with who I am. But than I think that comes with age.

I have a native american line drawing that is a single continuous line of an elk head inside a persons head. I added a yin/yang symbol inside the circle of the antlers. It means (to me) that I always should keep the balance of nature in mind. The profile looks like my profile too.

Some images call to your spirit and so you throw them on your bag of bones.

Off_White said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world

And ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl

Love 'n' hate tattooed across the knuckles of his hands

The hands that slap his kids around 'cause they don't understand

Now I have this song stuck in my head...

Chris

I think our sons were cloned or they both go by the Prairie High School dress code. They could be twins except I doubt mine would let me take a picture of him tongue.gif.

ChrisT said:

I'm the parent of this guy...no tattoos or piercings yet... maxpp.jpg

Ducknut said:

Chris

I think our sons were cloned or they both go by the Prairie High School dress code. They could be twins except I doubt mine would let me take a picture of him tongue.gif.

Close...Evergreen High School. And take a picture of him. You'll both appreciate it in about 10 years!

How old are you ChrisT? I was thinking late 20s early 30s. Now I'm thinkin' mid to late 40s. Amazing how talkin' via computer distorts things.....

By the way, this is not meant as a put down, just an observation as to how I think people may be in real life and find out that I am totally way off!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

rbw1966 said:

lummox said:

maxpp.jpg

Just because we need another shot. Nice job Chris! I bet your son is loving this attention. the_finger.gif

Does he know he looks like Erik Melvin?

melvin-live.jpg

Strap that kid to an accordion and he's a dead ringer.

rockband.gif

He looks stoned is what he looks like... yelrotflmao.gif