Booty

dryad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stylin' pair of Arnold Schwarzennegger Terminator-style sunglasses on the first pitch of East Face of Chianti Spire. But that is not the really weird part . . . .

Just before starting up the climb, my girlfriend (who almost never forgets important articles like sunglasses), sheepishly informs me that she has forgotten her sunglasses. I hand over mine, and start up the rampy section on the first pitch. Not 8 or 10 moves up, I notice something shiny in my peripheral vision--a little bit scratched near the bottom of one lens, but perfectly acceptable to get by for the day.

"You're not going to f-in' believe this, but . . . (I turn around, sporting my mirrored, low-profile shades) . . . look at THIS booty!" We both got a good laugh, and knew that the mountain gods were smiling on us.

At the summit, we took a few extra photos of me wearing those classic shades, replete with classic Arnie film quotes.

I keep those glasses in my glove compartment now, and pull them out from time to time . . . and yes, I can be heard rolling down the highway howling "Sahwa Conna, Sahwa Conna, take me to Sahwa Conna."

I found a cool pair of sunnies at the bottom of a cliff in Idaho. the sunnies had this neat feature whereby one could take off the tinted lenses and switch them out with other colors (but of course I didn't have any of the other lenses.) As luck would have it , the lenses kept popping off several times a day. I eventually tired of the mess and tossed them over a cliff myself. Hope some other poor fool is struggling with them now. grin.gif

Found a cool rainbow hat on the way up to climb 1st half half of Lib. crack. As usual I forgot how cold it gets on the east face in the afternoon and I hadn't brought by touque. So I was hangin out on my belay seat belaying my girl, drinkin a Pabst, and it was all cold and shit. And I'm sayin damn I'm glad I found this touque!!!