Booty

dryad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AlpineK said:

I found a Proto pipe with a bunch of pot stored in it, and a frozen Henry's Ale at a secret hut at A-Basin once. mushsmile.gif

Another time I found a film canister with a chunk of hash in it at Crystal. grin.gif

If you're talking about the secret cabin up in the woods off the switchbacks on the Loveland pass side of the pass on Hwy 6 above A-basin where everyone in the know goes full moon skiing mushsmile.gif, it's mine. laugh.gif

Three years ago my lady at the time and I bought a box of small rubber snakes at a garage sale. We left them on ledges and holds on local crag climbs.

I also stashed a small ceramic bubbler in a very "noteworthy feature" in Leavenworth, twas still there last time I checked. (last fall) If you find it, it is packed, feel free to indulge but kindly leave it for the next lucky finder, it's not really booty. I will be checking on it soon, enjoy. wave.gif

About two years ago I tweaked a finger on Princley Ambitions and built a hefty belay out of 3 large hexes to get lowered off. Me and my buddy stood around for awhile to see if we could con someone into snaggin' it down but left it there. Did anyone of you BootyMasters get my goods? madgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif

five single gloves/mittens

two waterbottles

one stainless steel thermos

one helicopter pilot's helmet with microphone

bits and pieces of an MSR helmet

All on the Eliot Glacier on Mt Hood the weekend after two rope teams fell on the Cooper Spur and slid off the convex slope and down the N. Face, with five deaths. It was pretty creepy.

At Darwin Lakes, below Mt Mendel in the Sierras, we found a cache left by a mystery ski club. Candy bars were all three years past expiration, ski wax, books, rotten velveeta, swollen horsecock, extra socks, a gallon of white gas (a blessing since I had broken our glass jelly jar fuel container by throwing small stones at it while stoned) and ziplock bags of dried fruit that had gone to ambrosia. We actually got a buzz eating it.

we found a whole trashbag full of cliff bars and snickers at 10000' on mt. foraker. always one for free food I found out on the first bite of a snickers that everything was covered in spicy pepper. but hey it was free food that i didn't have to carry so whos complaining. also found a pair of women's underwear a few pitches up cannon mt in new hampshire. i don't think i really want to know what that was from smileysex5.gif

We were climbing at the upper malamute in Squish last year, and I had forgotten my chalkbag, so I decided to lead an easy 5.8 multi then go back to the car.

When I got to the top of the second pitch, there was a chalkbag with plenty of chalk, and complete with belt just waiting for me. I knew then I was doing something right...

found a coiled rope while deproaching from the top of pan am wall. it started raining really hard, my partner was soaked in his down sponge jacket and shivering, and we fixed it to rappel into a canyon from where i knew how to get back to the truck. that was cool. also cool when my partner dug up little stash near the truck. course, i believe in jesus.

The most common thing i've found are hats and ropes... I've found three different ropes... I don't know how all of you determan a ropes life span, or how many falls you can take on it... I have used these for rap ropes, but not leads... or cut them up and use them for utilaty... Hats, everybody seems to leave a hat behind some time because i've found near 100 of them here and there when out in the backcountry...

At Darwin Lakes, below Mt Mendel in the Sierras, we found a cache left by a mystery ski club. Candy bars were all three years past expiration, ski wax, books, rotten velveeta, swollen horsecock, extra socks, a gallon of white gas (a blessing since I had broken our glass jelly jar fuel container by throwing small stones at it while stoned) and ziplock bags of dried fruit that had gone to ambrosia. We actually got a buzz eating it.
I've been to Darwin Lakes. It is a seemingly remote place, but one which is consistently abused. When I was there, some idiots were shooting off skyrockets into the lake. madgo_ron.gif