P.T.L. Ratio: A new Theory, A way of Life

gapertimmy

This morning started out much like the rest, wake up, stuff a bagel in my face, make the long commute to the hills. By the time I arrive, the bowels are churning away, and the little ones are asking to be set free into their watery playground.

So I made my way to the best pooper on the hill (The Executive Washroom), pulled out the cell phone to play some vids, and then got down to business. My mind drifted off, away from the cell phone video game, and i found myself contemplating a much greater, more important issue. This morning, I had a poop epiphany. I realized that probably close to 75% of my shitting is done at work, in that very stall. At first I was amused by this fact, but then I was very alarmed, and shocked.

I took this to the next level, and decided to analyze my PTL, or Poop To Location Ratio. This of course means, a rough estimate of how much you poop at different locations. I broke it down into the following categories:

WORK

HOME

PUBLIC RESTROOMS (Rest Stops, Restaraunts, Bars)

BACKCOUNTRY

TRAILHEAD

I figured that my PTL for the above locations was probably along the lines of these percentages:

work 75

home 23

public 1

backcountry .25

trailhead .75

While many might find this pointless, or perhaps nasty that i am analyzing shit in this way, i think one can find out some interesting things about their shatting habbits, and possibly set some goals based on their PTL.

From my above example, a few things can be gathered: 1. I work too much, or just spend too much time up here in general (saying that I really don't work that often) 2. I don't like using public restrooms (nuff said) and most importantly 3. I'm not spending enought time shitting in the outdoors, which means i need to make a better effort to be in the backcountry, climbing, and doing other shit, like shitting.

My goal for this summer is to up the Backcountry and Trailhead PTL to closer to a combined 6-10%, i know this is a very agressive goal, but i feel as if I have it in me.

I will keep you posted on the outcome of my new study.

timmay

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmay I'm sorry that i missed this thread the first time around. I did not mean to belittle the value and humor of your thread, I merely had not seen it. I would agree with you when you say that coffee affects PTL. When I was pooping at school, I was drinking my morning cup there also. Now I poop mostly at home and that is because I usually drink my morning coffee at home now to save money.

Pooping at work is a good thing:

1) It's against the company's water bill, not yours

2) Less toilet paper usage (can be negative since corporate toilet paper is usually recycled 60 grit sand paper)

3) The power of an industrial toilet can suck a small child. Who cares if you have 3 pounds of cheese the night before.

4) If you blow ass all over the place, who cares... janitor has to clean up the poo spew

5) Stink factor is not a good thing when company is over so get rid of the power bomb at work.

Course I consider Tim's toilet fair game for all above activities.

HCL.gif

Chaseabbott said:

Pooping at work is a good thing:

1) It's against the company's water bill, not yours

2) Less toilet paper usage (can be negative since corporate toilet paper is usually recycled 60 grit sand paper)

3) The power of an industrial toilet can suck a small child. Who cares if you have 3 pounds of cheese the night before.

4) If you blow ass all over the place, who cares... janitor has to clean up the poo spew

5) Stink factor is not a good thing when company is over so get rid of the power bomb at work.

Course I consider Tim's toilet fair game for all above activities.

HCL.gif

6) You get paid to blast 'em