thelawgoddess

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

thelawgoddess said:

erik said:

IT IS ALL BASED ON WHATS ON THE INSIDE!!!! U GURLZ OR SOOOO SUPERFICIAL!

yeah. devil.gif

ditto!

ahhh...don't be such a prude wink.gif

if a girls gonna have a harem she might as well have as many concubines as she can get. (there really needs to be appropriately masculine terms for "harem" and "concubine")

trouble is now that i'm old i don't care if i look good as long as i'm having fun. grin.gif

so it goes

• 4 weeks later...
Szyjakowski said:

the lawgoddess (iguess) wanted one for free.

I got one almost for free YOU (the buyer) just need to pay for the brand new parts...$55...

hey, it's not like didn't appreciate the effort, but i needed more info than you could give me about said parts. and i know you were willing to let me SEE the stuff first, but i myself wouldn't have known *what* i was looking at. AND even though you said i could exchange the parts if i wanted, i didn't really want to have to drive out to "the worth" to do so.

so, ERIK, i scored an awesome deck from a friend who had one of the makes i've been looking at getting, and i got killer deals on all the other parts ... and got just the set-up i wanted.

weeeeee!!!

I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS A SAKTE PUNK...

ALL SKATEBOARDS WERE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME.

THEY STILL ARE NOW..

SURE THERE IS SIZE/WEIGHT DIFF ABOUT THE DECK AND WHEELS AND SHIT...BUT I NEVER THOUGHT THAT WAS A LEGIT EXCUSE TO NOT SKATE OR TAKE A CHEAP SKATE BOARD.

I JUST WANTED TO SKATE............

erik -- a skater punk? whoa, dude. flashback! cantfocus.gif

i think saying all skateboards are pretty much the same is kind of like saying all cams are pretty much the same. to some extent.

ps - snoboy, the car's running now and i'm hoping to have my mechanic paid off by the end of the month. (shit!!!) other than that, things are pretty darned good.

NOT REALLY

THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS IN SKATE TECHNOLOGY FOR QUITE SOMETIME....

I REMEBER WHEN VISON CAME OUT WITH A COMPOSITE BOARD...WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT....

ALL SKATEBOARDS ARE ABOUT THE SAME.....

YOU WOULD NOT SKATE ANY DIFFERENT ONE BOARD FROM ANOTHER....

JUST LIKE YOU WOULD CLIMB ANY DIFFERENT ONE SET OF CAMS TO THE NEXT..

THATS MY POINT, IT IS THE SKATER AND NOT THE SKATEBOARD WHICH MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

NOW ya need TWO skateboards...... grin.gif

more like two sets of wheels, but i know at least a few guys with at least two boards - one for pool surfing; one for street riding. from what i understand, if you only do one sort of riding, one board will do ya ... but it does depend on what you like to do. if you want to do a lot of flip tricks you're better off getting a board designed to facilitate flipping. a longboard or a big freaking pool riding board is gonna suck for that!

i'm not saying a good skater couldn't do everything with one board; i'm saying some boards make some stuff easier ... especially for someone who's just starting out! geez.