Enigma Gully

Dulton

Has anyone been up the Enigma Gully recently? Thinking about going up that route this weekend and was wondering how much snow was in the gully. Hmmmm, maybe if the avy conditions aren't too bad we'll make the first descent of the Enigma in a Tobogan hellno3d.gif

P.S. Does anyone know any good tricks for stopping a Tobogan on a 50 degree slope?? confused.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gapertimmy said:

i believe the FSTD (first spring tobogaan descent) was done back in 97

DANG!! I thought i was being all creative too..... Sorry bout' the name too, I knew it was also called Slot Couliort but Enigma sounds so cool!!

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Honestly tho, has anyone been up there recently? Hows the snow?

erik said:

and it is actually called the slot coulior. none of this enigma bullshit.

Slot Couloir!!! None of this Enigma bullshit. Enigma is the name a bunch of weenies called it after they deluded themselves into believing they got the first descent. wazzup.gif

This is a little late, but.... We skied the Slot on the 14th of this month. There's plenty of snow. It's a good, sweat-inducing slog up to the top, but the run is sweet. We had a great run back to the Alpental lower parking lot too. Set off a few slush river/slides and managed somehow to bushwhack our way down the cliffs at the bottom (the waterfall I guess).

171695-mack-top-slot.jpg.f1c5804597872d0bb3900d39e440fb03.jpg