Triple Couloirs

Cobra

I climbed the couloirs yesterday after skiing in the previous day and walked out today.

I left a pin after entrance to the 3rd couloir. Someone might like it for belay on the left rocks.

Still ok shape.

I have climbed it before. It still is a nice route. It took me 3 days with driving.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

between 1st (hidden) and second we belayed 3 pitches. 1st was steep snow/neve, 2nd was mixed ice/snow, third was WI. Belay for 1st pitch was a pin and small cam. belay for 2nd pitch was rock gear (mostly cams), belay for 3rd was 2 ice tools and a screw. Only pro I placed on the whole of those 3 pitches was a green alien mid way up the 3rd (WI) pitch. At the time I did you may have been able to get a screw in.

Between the 2nd and 3d coliour, we simuled.

It depends on how comfortable you are in steep snow and some ice, but if I did it again, I would solo or simul solo it. Every pitch I led, I ended up just pitching out without pro since I didn't feel threatened and it was fairly hard to come by.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

erik said:

WHAT IS SIMUL SOLOLING??

IS THAT WHEN YOU BOTH SOLO AT THE SAME TIME??

WHOULDNT TH AT BE SOLOING??

NO, it's when you are soloing while you both holding on to the same ice tool. It's a great way for couple to solo together.

yelrotflmao.gif

Yeah, it didn't make sense. I was with another person so I meant we would just solo at the same time. simul-solo = solo with company.

JoshK said:

COL._Von_Spanker said:

erik said:

WHAT IS SIMUL SOLOLING??

IS THAT WHEN YOU BOTH SOLO AT THE SAME TIME??

WHOULDNT TH AT BE SOLOING??

NO, it's when you are soloing while you both holding on to the same ice tool. It's a great way for couple to solo together.

yelrotflmao.gif

Yeah, it didn't make sense. I was with another person so I meant we would just solo at the same time. simul-solo = solo with company.

oh, so you mean solo above another soloist...thats kinda craaazy now isn't it?!??! bigdrink.gif