What's up with A5?

COL._Von_Spanker

I can't find any info on the web. The only thing about A5 on the TNF site is the A5 line of bouldering wear, including bouldering tips. What the fuck is up with that. I'm no bigwaller by any stretch of the imagination, but I know enough to see the irony in a line of bouldering clothes named A5. The FAQ section on the site even explains how A5 stands for the hardest aid climbing grade.

Does anyone know if the fly on the A5 double ledge is supposed to come with a pole?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A5 DAY

Saturday, April 5, 2003: The first edition of A5 Day, international bouldering day organized by The North Face in cooperation with leading climbing halls across Europe. Be part of the tribe, drop into one of the participating climbing halls for an introduction under the guidance of expert instructors. Take part in impromptu challenges or watch in awe as long-time boulderers demonstrate their art. Learn what makes bouldering more than just a sport, but a way of life. Be part of the fun. A5 Day. See you there! Click here to find a location near you. "

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

COL._Von_Spanker said:

I can't find any info on the web. The only thing about A5 on the TNF site is the A5 line of bouldering wear, including bouldering tips. What the fuck is up with that. I'm no bigwaller by any stretch of the imagination, but I know enough to see the irony in a line of bouldering clothes named A5. The FAQ section on the site even explains how A5 stands for the hardest aid climbing grade.

Does anyone know if the fly on the A5 double ledge is supposed to come with a pole?

Mine came with a pole (standard fly) but that was about 5 years ago just after TNF bought out A5. No idea if they still do.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

There it is. All the info...

But do the items really exist? All that's there are drawings.

Who knows, I haven't called them but I wouldn't hold my breath. I saw the new wall hammer and ledge/fly at the OR show in SLC, in "The Face" booth. The new fly looks good but the one they had was only a proto-type no seam tape on it, basically a non working model. From what I could tell it looked like the Cabana with some improvements. I have all the information here somewhere about weights and deminsions and stuff on the ledges and hammer.

• 2 weeks later...
Dru said:

lummox said:

climberted said:

Conrad bought it and runs it from "booze-man".

check out the website

http://www.ankerclimbingequipment.com

i dont see anything at that website that credits the original designers. all that shit first come out of flagstaff.

Hurricane, Utah.

i dont think so. for sure the soft goods were made first in flagstaff. maybe middendorf was selling hammers when he was in hurricane (but i though he moved there after living in flagstaff--he had the place in flag for awhile). whatever. the pack designs at ace website are all old middendorf ones.