new routes info

glassgowkiss

this is a proposal for people running this web site. to cut a long story short- most of the posts on this web site should be posted in spray...

there is also a differance between completing an established route, doing first free ascent, doing a first winter ascent and climbing a new route.

there should be a space to post FFA,FWA and FA seperatly from everything else. Names, time, difficulty, gear, route description and a photo (if possible). Topic closed, so spray, no bullshit. People who look for information don't have to suffer reading through all the bullshit posted by spraylords. spraylords can do their pissing fights in spray.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to accomplish something much like this by publishing certain trip report info to the content management system on the site:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/index.php?option=articles&Itemid=3

This content is indexed and searchable using the full site search.

I think i've done a poor job of advertising this feature, but I attempt to publish trip reports to this section. The TR's are linked back to the original post so the discussion er spray or whatever you want to call it can live on, but the original post is set aside for easy viewing.

If you think a TR is worhty of being set aside, all you do is click the little folder icon at the bottom of the post favorites.gif

This then puts the TR into a queue where it gets approved or not to be "archived".

We can add more categories to this section of the site FA, FWA, etc I'm all for making this happen it just doesnt' seem that this has been a popular feature so i haven't pursued it much

• 3 months later...
glassgowkiss said:

this is a proposal for people running this web site. to cut a long story short- most of the posts on this web site should be posted in spray...

there is also a differance between completing an established route, doing first free ascent, doing a first winter ascent and climbing a new route.

there should be a space to post FFA,FWA and FA seperatly from everything else. Names, time, difficulty, gear, route description and a photo (if possible). Topic closed, so spray, no bullshit. People who look for information don't have to suffer reading through all the bullshit posted by spraylords. spraylords can do their pissing fights in spray.

after translating from polish to english, bob, your post reads "I want to chestbeat and not get called on it" boxing_smiley.gif

Ya Wayne is right spray is where it's at. Penalty slack for the three of you, now get with the program. Not that W or Crazy Bob would care much about the slack I guess, dunno about T.

Anyway. End spray. Timmy, I doubt anybody knows about that feature. I'd completely forgotten and I only *think* I have a vague recollection of the original discussion about this feature. I bet it hardly ever gets used.

However, people do use another feature - articles that are considered interesting sometimes are assigned stars. The Walking the Fence post and the Jberg in winter post both got five stars, for example.

It's easy enough to run a little cron job that queries for topics with four or five stars and adds them to another table of topics awaiting review, right? Or maybe you already have something like that?

Dru said:

glassgowkiss said:

after translating from polish to english, bob, your post reads "I want to chestbeat and not get called on it" boxing_smiley.gif

Alternative translation, "On average it takes dru 2000 yawnacious tries to get in one good post, please spare us all from the barrage."

glassgowkiss said:

I've often thought that a board like this would be good. It would be incredibly helpful to people who use cc.com as a resource for research.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Please !! new route info topic only.

No spray, 100% new route beta , where we all can post beta on our or others new routes , have all spray removed.

23 pitch clip up in the cascades, the FA party don't like being sprayed upon this board , so the rest of you go with out beta.

NOW THATS A SHAME!!!!

spew said:

No spray, 100% new route beta , where we all can post beta on our or others new routes , have all spray removed.

23 pitch clip up in the cascades, the FA party don't like being sprayed upon this board , so the rest of you go with out beta.

NOW THATS A SHAME!!!!

ive heard of a fe of those recently. whats the point in doing them if you do not share? i mean i understand the sound of the roto hammer echoing off the walls of garfield is a wonderful thing, but it aint that cool.

erik said:

spew said:

NOW THATS A SHAME!!!!

ive heard of a fe of those recently. whats the point in doing them if you do not share? i mean i understand the sound of the roto hammer echoing off the walls of garfield is a wonderful thing, but it aint that cool.

Thank you for the example Erik rolleyes.gif

erik said:

spew said:

NOW THATS A SHAME!!!!

I've met one of those some might call guilty of the routes you mention. I have not done nor will do them. But from the looks of it- it aint that easy to do the "easy routes"-. So before people come out blasting think. I think some of those routes are pretty stiff with some runouts and many gear placements.

I am not a fan of rap bolting but all I have to say is that I am also not climbing any of those routes any time. They look like a ton of work to me.

I dont think they are easy or as some may "perceive them to be" like a sport route.

• 2 weeks later...
spew said:

NOW THATS A SHAME!!!!

Spew: are you just saying that to make a point or are you serious? I'd love to hear more. Perhaps you could take it over to this site:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/

For some reason, folks are a lot more civil there. I saw Pete post the same thing you mention, IE, he doesn't want to post a TR as people just flame and spray on it.

Hardly seems what a site like this should be about. Just yelling, screaming and no sharing.

Spew: PM me a link if you put it up over to RC.com, as I have no compunctions about climbing a 23 pitch clip up route, sounds like Heaven to me!!!!. I'm just a climber and I tend to climb cracks, but I clip every bolt I run into generally:-) 23 pitch clip up? I'm getting wet here!! Hand me a Kleenex.

Regards:

Bill

spew said:

NOW THATS A SHAME!!!!

Spew: I'd love to hear about it. 23 pitches? Are you just f*ing around with these guys or are you serious? I can't tell from the inflection. PM me or post it on a less abusive site: like this one http://www.rockclimbing.com/

23 pitches of clipping bolts and no gear sounds like heaven to me, and I love to trad climb, so the rest of you can keep those virulent anti-sport climber comments tucked away for later use.

I saw the same thing you said essentially posted by Pete, that he didn't do a TR as he didn't want to get trashed for no reason.

Seems like the opposite of what this site should be. Less yelling and name calling: more info.

I'd love to hear about it or post it on RC.com, link above.

Bill