super stars of the cascades?

admin

i have a dream.

a while back, young jon of fellow cc.com moderation fame, came down to visit me and tool around at smith. one of jon's traditions is to bring copious amounts of literature when vacationing. perhaps it makes him feel smart, but i never see him read the stuff. in fact he brought some of the same books he brought on a trip we took to sunriver almost four years ago.

anyhow, nuf jon slamming tongue.gif" border="0 , this time he brought an interesting book, forgot the title, but it was some type of super star climbing book. it had all these hardmen and women describing their favorite climb. jim nelson had an entry, it was a pretty cool book. so it got me thinking.... dangerous when i start to think.

i thought it would be fun to compile a book similar to this one. it would be in a way poking fun at this book, but at the same time, i believe it would be make for a fun time for all cc.com regulars. thats when i came up with the idea of 'super stars of cascadeclimbrs.com'.

i propose that we have the usual suspects of the site write up a description of their favorite climb, we compile them, and publish it on this here site. i figure we all waste a good amount of time while at work, spraying/typing on the site, so why not harvest some of this energy into something entertaining. some possible chapters in the book: we could have scoty'teryx describe his classic muir snowfield route (couldn't resist man), i'm sure cavey\drul\eric would compose a wonderful piece, and perhaps we could submit the already written masterpiece of teddy ruxpins classic to the book.

so what do you think? who would be down to write up a page about their favorite climb. make it humorous, and just have a grand ol time. You too can be a super star of cascadeclimbers.com! maybe the mounties would want to buy the rights and publish it rolleyes.gif" border="0

let the spray begin.....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

OK, i'm bumpin this one back up to the top of the spray pool. I've gotten a few great submissions so far, but would like a handful more before I post them all.

I'll also be taking some of the plabbest pics submitted to add to the e-book. I'm just concerned that the fruits of my labor will be outshined by that fancy new virtual dc slog now available on dvd and online (PLUG PLUG) [laf][Moon][hell no]

jonny and i are going to tweak out the site a bit, add a few new features and I'll post the stories then. so c'mon, fire up notepad and write me up some epic stories