moving to WA too

justsomechick

Hi y'all.

I'm relocating to WA from TN in the next couple of weeks. Just landed a job grin.gif Another poster to this site suggested that i put up a post in this section.

I'm looking for some partners for alpine routes (any recommendations would be great too!)this summer and some crag time too.

I'm a recovering grad student so I don't have too much gear so partners with an excess would be great!

I'd be happy to provide more details about my climbing experienct to interested partners.

PS i'm looking for a climbing partner not a date!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good cause most of the guys here are too busy spraying or chasing selfish pursuits to take a girl on a proper date anyways. If you are real and serious, my friends and I have some routes we want to do soon and if you tell me what you are into and where you are moving to I'll tell you what I know about the area. You should find plenty of people to hook up with here, if you're for real. If not you'll get shunned and sprayed on. Ready...Steady........

Questions from a 'married bystander:'

1) What single chica is going to move across the country and be so quick to put the 'not looking for a date' disclaimer up?

2) What married chica who is moving across the country is going to go trolling for climbing partners on cc.com, having been warned about the denizens that lurk here? Better yet, what husband/SO would let his 'PNW virgin' out to climb with you animals?

RobBob puts a Code Orange troll warning on this one.

Last time I tried to go climbing with a female from this site my wife stood over my climbing gear with lighter fluid and matches until I recited over and over "'Not a date' means 'date'. 'Not a date' means 'date'........" It was humiliating. I'll never do it again. crazy.gif

Not that any of you will believe me but this girl is not a troll. I suggested she post here. I will be climbing with her some later in the summer but until then, i thought maybe she could find some people to climb with here! Male or female! EEEEESH! Climbing does not equal dating!

No, but once you get those juices flowing....What am I saying!

No date means date, no date means date, no date means date, no date means date ..................................................................................................................................................................................................... cry.gif

Welcome to the PNW JSC! Glad to have more chicks around. Unlike the guys looking for a date, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Send me a pm with some info about what you want to climb. I've found that "alpine" has a wide range of meanings (snow slogging to long sufferfests on exposed ridges).

Michelle

minx said:

Not that any of you will believe me but this girl is not a troll. I suggested she post here. I will be climbing with her some later in the summer but until then, i thought maybe she could find some people to climb with here! Male or female! EEEEESH! Climbing does not equal dating!

COOL

As advised many times to others:

come to pubclub!

you'll pretty quickly meet cool cascadeclimber folks (the guys are all much more tame in real life than on the board, and other women DO show up!....). if you're at all for real you'll also find lots of climbing partners rockband.gif

Worked for me!

Sarah

(oh, and welcome to the pacnw!)

Bug said:

Last time I tried to go climbing with a female from this site my wife stood over my climbing gear with lighter fluid and matches until I recited over and over "'Not a date' means 'date'. 'Not a date' means 'date'........" It was humiliating. I'll never do it again. crazy.gif

whip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gifwhip.gif