what a disgrace ...

j_b

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my mind Rumfeld and Bush are the party responsible, more so than the ingorant folks who smashed the place. The ignorance and pure arrogance of this administration both astonishes and saddens me. I keep thinking of worst case scenarios and they keep fuckin' HAPPENING. madgo_ron.gif

Please ask your friends to make their voices heard during the next presidential election. Oh, and study how Rumfeld was denied a deal by Saddam in Dec 1983 (the very same DAY Saddam was using chem. weapons) and tell me this isn't about oil.

Gaston_Lagaffe said:

In my mind Rumfeld and Bush are the party responsible, more so than the ingorant folks who smashed the place. The ignorance and pure arrogance of this administration both astonishes and saddens me. I keep thinking of worst case scenarios and they keep fuckin' HAPPENING. madgo_ron.gif

Please ask your friends to make their voices heard during the next presidential election. Oh, and study how Rumfeld was denied a deal by Saddam in Dec 1983 (the very same DAY Saddam was using chem. weapons) and tell me this isn't about oil.

your stupid, huh?

MtnGoat said:It's not about oil. If it was, it would be far simpler just to drop the sanctions.

what an absurd claim since the objective is not to be a simple client state. we all know that de-facto privatization of the iraqi oil industry is about to take place.

having the second largest reserves in the hands of western industry is bound to affect the ability of opec to control production levels and prices. moreover, these are limited resources that will be gone before too many decades have passed.

lummox said:

Gaston_Lagaffe said:

your stupid, huh?

It's spelled "you're stupid". I rest my case. wave.gif

Gaston_Lagaffe said:

Your mental integrity stands on a line between simplicity and arrogance, but your ignorant tone proves to be motive enough for society to revoke you your rightful places on the shit stack; Collar blued and hair long, San Francisco bay is not the place it uses to be. Stand in a place that involves integratey, or be drugged by the population that always stands unheard; Your statements are torrent, and they lack intelligent thought.

Although these circumstances are tragic, not only to the people of Iraq but also to the rest of the world, I hardly think it is the fault of America's leaders or France's leaders. In turn I believe that the rioting that has lead to the destruction of many historical artifacts is purely motivated by frustration; frustration that mostly comes from the years and years of repression. Also I believe that anxiety of not knowing what is to come of their future is motivation enough for their wits to fall and their actions to turn to senseless violence and rage…

bigdrink.gif

Edited by Fejas

I hardly think it is the fault of America's leaders

apparently others do not share your opinions:

"Antiquities experts, dismayed that U.S. officials failed to heed their warnings to protect Baghdad's historic artifacts during the war, said on Monday they were concerned the priceless treasures looted from Iraq's main museum may never be recovered.

U.S. archeological organizations and the U.N.'s cultural agency UNESCO said they had provided U.S. officials with information about Iraq's cultural heritage and archeological sites months before the war began.

University of Chicago professor McGuire Gibson was among a group that met Pentagon officials several times and presented them with a list of archeological and other sites that should be protected, particularly the Iraqi National Museum in Baghdad.

"We warned them about looting at the very beginning," said the archeologist who has worked extensively in the region. "I was assured it would be secured."

Now, he said, the loss was immeasurable.

"The Baghdad museum is the equivalent of the Cairo Museum. It would be like having American soldiers 200 feet outside the Cairo museum watching people carry away treasures from King Tut's tomb or carting away mummies," said Gibson."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=4WBKUFEHD4LL2CRBAEOCFFA?type=focusIraqNews&storyID=2563696

vegetablebelay said:

The Iraqi people will benefit from oil production a hell of a lot more than from antiques and old bones.

When the oil has been depleted and the usefulness of Iraq has long been rendered irrelevant, what will remain to remind them of past glories and great cultures that have passed through time? Surely not fleets of Mercedes Benz will attest to a once great nation's history and culture? Without art and other historical references, we have nothing to benchmark our future against nor learn from past mistakes.