Just moved to WA, looking to connect.

foraker

Just moved to Seattle with my wife, Elena. Have experience climbing granite in Australia and California. Actually climbed out at Leavenworth once a few years ago. Can't remember the route but it was a scary 5.9 I think. Also experienced with mixed rock/ice routes and glacier travel (see climbing pics from NZ on my site). Spent the last two years doing nothing but climbing inside due to the lack of partners with trad experience!!! Will not do that again. Was pushing the 5.11 barrier indoors and am hoping to get to be comfortable in the trad 5.10 range this summer. Have all the gear that I seem to need. I'm not a gear head.

I just turned a ripe 40, have a PhD in geophysics (though I seem to be a computer monkey now) and have lived in Sweden and Australia. I'm trying to learn to speak French and am hoping that a business trip to France materializes this September so I can finally go to Chamonix on someone else's ticket. So, I'm drug free, don't really drink, and am not some nut who feels the need to discuss his uncomfortable opinions with whomever he is climbing (e.g. religion, politics, etc). Don't worry about my PhD. I'll climb with anyone who is fun, interesting, and intelligent and doesn't take stupid risks (but is willing to take some risks in order to do more interesting things).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'd really love to go to the Canadian Rockies, too. I have the guide book and have been drooling over it for two years. I grew up in Alaska and my parents still live there. Thus, eventually,I'd like to drag someone or some group up there for a try at something interesting.

Not much of a rock climber for rock climbing's sake but into alpine and mountaineering in a big way and occasional trips to Levenworth and Vantage to be humiliated by my 11 year old who flashes 5.10's and now gives me tips( Dad, your'e overpowering your moves" Etc.) . Am now old fart like you (45) so can't keep up with young crowd but can outlast them! Looking for partner also to continue exploration N. Cascades classics. PM if interested, only been here a year myself. cool.gif