Thanksgiving Weekend Plans

Bob_Clarke

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading down to Smith on Thursday evening. I'm just concerned about the weather. My buddy and I tried to climb in the rain on Monday but when I noticed I could take a bath in the huecos at Morning Glory because they were so full of water we decided to throw in the towel. [big Drink]

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: TimL ]

Whenever you go o Smiff Rox you should take some little items and hide them in varios holds. big huecoswork good. Guy put a bunch of spoons he stole from Big-O in the dyno pocket on toxic once it was funny watching dude dyno and grab a handful of spoons.

Rubber spiders in the huecos on 5 Gallon Siege Climb is always funny too. or some gummi worms. [laf][laf][laf]

I hear it's supposed to snow at Smith this weekend. Yall will be ok unless its a heavy snow and then you'll have to just climb that overhanging stuff n the dihedrals.

Some friends of mine and I are talking about putting up a tyrolean traverse on the Monkey Face this winter, dressing in clown suits, and hauling a pony keg across into the mouth. What a great cover photo for Rock and Ice it would make.

Sounds like a lot of people will be trying to climb at Smith. I don't know some of you, so if you see me with my big black white and tan dog and his new red backpack, say hi. We are hard to miss usually. He is big and loud, and I am smaller but also loud.

who knows where we will be...basically everywhere, maybe even the marsupials at some point. See you there.

holly and dagen

I bailed on Smith Rocks since Tieton was in and is better and closer. Moon Rocks has a cool route called Internal Bliss. It is a novelty chimney climb behind several columns for about 65 feet where you finally pop out near the top of the crag. 4 wall stemming and shit, pro every 3 inches if you want. Check it out smile.gif" border="0

BTW the bridge at the Royal Columns from this past summer is gone. I saw one other party of climbers all weekend there only. How do you get across now? There must be some bridge up river or lower down? [Wazzup]

BTW hey Charlie how did that room smell? shocked.gif" border="0 Fun guzzling beer in Ellensburg dude!