Wanted: Hobie Cat

North_by_Northwest

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sail out of Shilshole in Seattle and have noticed many Hobie 18 and 21 sitting on the dingy dock, located at the north end of the marina. The registration stickes are dated 2000. There is a nice 21 that the rudders have not been pulled out of the water for at least 2 years, a bit green. You might want to contact the harbor office at Shilshole and see if you can get any info regarding the owners. If you live in the area I have a key to get on the dock.

Good Luck.

thelawgoddess said:

North_by_Northwest said:

Correction: I want the Hobie 21 if I can find one! I'll settle for an 18 if it's nice.

what about an 18sx? not that i have one to sell; i just think they're the shit! smirk.gif hobies rock!!!

I dont know, a 21 with wings on the lake or sound would be pretty screamin'! The UW Yacht Club has one that you can take out, and we did this winter one morning when a front came through. 3 of on board, w/ 2 heavies trapped out kept it manageable in the lee of 520 bridge where the water was nice and flat. I am not shitting you when I tell you it took 5 min to get from the cut to Kirkland! We were doing like 20 knots!