allthumbs

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

COL._Von_Spanker said:

specialed said:

I defenitly take issue with a few of those questions though. The duty of the Supreme Court is in a sense to oversee Congress and the President. In fact, many political science scholars might say it is the primary duty of the Supreme Court. Although theoretically oveseeing congress and the president is not the Supreme Court's mandate, it is what happens in a de facto sense.

This test sucks thumbs_down.gif

You are thinking of the Judicial branch as a whole. Have you ever read a supreme court ruling? You just have the old rudimentary checks and balances shit stuck in your head.

In what way does the supreme court oversee congress and the president, be it de jure or de facto.

What's the difference? They can declare federal laws passed by congress to be unconstitutional. So by interpreting and explaining laws they are de facto overseeing congress and the Executive Branch too because the President is involved in making and passing laws. Perhaps the best example of the Sup. Court overseeing the executive branch might be how they interpreted law to decide who became president after the last election. If you remember it came down to a Supreme Court ruling that noone was denied their constitution right to participate in electing the president during the election, therefore actively mandating Bush to be the new Executive in Cheif.

You know, I'm not model but I do pay a lot of taxes. btw, on this page alone I see three quotes you dudes and or dudettes are using for tag lines that are misquoted or misattributed. You should get those right don't ya think? Check your sources not just your alcohol and altitude addled memories... smileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gif

Where do you get "7/12" as the norm? btw, that was my score too. Like my students always say...Trick questions man! Hey, let us take an essay test; the bs factor on this site would easily fill a bluebook don't you think?

Dr.E said:

Where do you get "7/12" as the norm? btw, that was my score too. Like my students always say...Trick questions man! Hey, let us take an essay test; the bs factor on this site would easily fill a bluebook don't you think?

It's only a "trick" question if you don't know the right answer!

Dr.E said:

You mean a blueBAG? yelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gif